Sr. Network Engineer
Purple Communications Inc Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Network EngineerRole Summary
The Senior Network Engineer serves as a highly experienced resource across all network, telephony, and security related areas. They will be responsible for security, design collaboration, deployments, operational support, service administration, and documentation. The configuration, support, and administration of all Purple network systems and security endpoints will comprise the build of work. An advanced knowledge of security solutions, operating systems, application connectivity, and communications dependencies will be required. The Senior Network Engineer will mentor junior team members and advise management. This position provides opportunities to advance proficiencies in any related areas.Primary Duties
- Ensure the availability of company service offerings, always.
- Communicate regularly with team members and leadership.
- Configure network switches, routers, and load balancers.
- Implement security policies and solutions on firewalls.
- Administer, troubleshoot, and configure client endpoint security management solutions.
- Review existing deployments and share incites with the team.
- Make recommendations for improving redundancy, eliminating single points of failure, automating failover, and reducing manual intervention.
- Maintain, ensure, and evolve configuration standards.
- Provide solutions that are current yet relevant.
- Help other departments understand solutions or identify where a problem lies.
- Be available and responsive during primary business hours.
- Be available for scheduled maintenance activity during nights and weekends.
- Participate in a 24/7 On-call rotation.
- Deliver organized, up-to-date, and readable diagrams/documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years network engineering background
- 3+ years in a Senior Network Engineer role or higher
- 5+ years of experience Cisco network experience
- Operational knowledge of SIP technologies and data flow.
- Advanced knowledge of common networking solutions e.g., BGP, eigrp, ospf, spanning-tree, LACP, mLACP, IPv4 Subnetting, VRFs, Private Vlans, spine-and-leaf…
- Ability to configure, monitor, and maintain IPSEC/SSL VPNs, security policies, and other security solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of load balancing, redundancy, and DR solutions
- Advanced knowledge of packet sniffing tools and analyzing packet captures
- Advanced experiencing managing system endpoint protection solutions
- Experience configuring, deploying, or managing cloud solutions
- Excellent server knowledge, either Windows or Linux
- General familiarity of IoT
- Cisco Certified – CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, or CCIE highly desired
- Available for mild to moderate after hours and on-call work
Purple Communications IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Great Benefits, Room for Growth, Company's Mission
Purple Communications is one of the nation's most extensive communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing communities. As a leading provider of onsite interpreting services, video relay service and video remote interpreting, the Company delivers a wide array of options designed to meet the unique communication needs of its customers. Please view our website: www.purplevrs.com Purple Communications' vision is to provide high-quality services with innovative products that break down communication barriers for its customers. We strive to change the game because we believe communication access is a right worthy of utmost respect and because every conversation matters. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong expertise to our world-class teams!