- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purple Communications is one of the nation's most extensive communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing communities. As a leading provider of onsite interpreting services, video relay service and video remote interpreting, the Company delivers a wide array of options designed to meet the unique communication needs of its customers. Please view our website: www.purplevrs.com
Purple Communications' vision is to provide high-quality services with innovative products that break down communication barriers for its customers. We strive to change the game because we believe communication access is a right worthy of utmost respect and because every conversation matters.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong expertise to our world-class teams!
Product Manager Job Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for managing the company’s product portfolio of new and existing Internet-based relay products, services, features and platforms, in timely response to customer, market, competitive, operational, and business requirements.
- Manage new and existing relay product/service offerings for deaf and hard-of-hearing customers
- Define the product roadmap for relay products and services.
- Deliver product requirements documents (PRDs) with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Drive product/service development/management process within the company and with outside vendors, producing and iterating specifications and flowcharts throughout.
- Participate in development of overall product communications strategy.
- Be a subject matter expert with respect to the competition.
- Partner with sales and marketing to identify and enhance new business development
- Drive the development of product-related sales tools, training materials, and product-related collateral, as needed.
- Brief and train sales staff at regular sales meetings.
- Act as a product leader within the company.
Product Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent consumer products within the technology sector
- Technical background, with experience in Telecommunications, Internet, Computers, or Software
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Product management experience; telecommunications or hearing/speech industry experience desirable
- Ideal candidate must enjoy technology and its use in building bridges among the Deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing communities
- Excel-literate for analyses and forecasts/budgets; literate with project management tools such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, wikis, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Work with minimal supervision to coordinate activities with internal departmental staff and contractors
- Knowledge of or interest in people with hearing loss; American Sign Language conversational abilities very desirable, or willingness to learn required
- Proven ability to influence and coordinate cross-functional teams without formal authority and with minimal supervision
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
- Familiarity/Previous Experience with VoIP or video service and technology, networking, software development
- Able to juggle multiple projects & changing priorities with enthusiasm; be able to give clear direction to ensure deadlines are met and quality results are achieved
- Knowledge of or interest in people with hearing loss
- Ability to travel required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience as a Product Manager
- 3+ years of experience in service provider market
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (40-60%)
- Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and cell phone (40-60%)
- Lifting computers and other equipment.
- Position may require some travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals Only
Purple Communications Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Purple Communications Inc