Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Purple Communications is one of the nation's most extensive communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing communities. As a leading provider of onsite interpreting services, video relay service and video remote interpreting, the Company delivers a wide array of options designed to meet the unique communication needs of its customers. Please view our website: www.purplevrs.com
Purple Communications' vision is to provide high-quality services with innovative products that break down communication barriers for its customers. We strive to change the game because we believe communication access is a right worthy of utmost respect and because every conversation matters.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong expertise to our world-class teams!
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Full stack developers are responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties.
Full stack developers will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Full Stack Developer Job Responsibilities:
- Developing front end website architecture, and build applications through appealing visual design
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Knowledge of building accessible websites and applications, complying with World Wide Web Consortium’s Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- Developing back-end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Understanding design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures
- Designing tools for systems to meet business needs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Contributes to best practice system and application design
- Designing, coding and testing programs and scripts from agreed specification
- Ensuring agreed standards and tools are in place to achieve a well-engineered product
- Conducting releases to production environments and setting up post release reviews
- Takes part in reviewing own work and leads reviews of colleague’s work (unit testing, code review)
- Supporting team members with technical challenges while following best practice methods
- Contributing ideas and experience to new development solutions
- Provide support in development processes and techniques
- Maintaining knowledge of specific specialisms (e.g.: Python, ReactJS)
- Developing specialist knowledge of database concepts and data modelling techniques.
- Analyzing data requirements to establish, adapt and maintain data models.
- Close cooperation with development team and business to carry out builds and testing
Full Stack Developer Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Java, PHP, and .Net., with an emphasis on .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL and MongoDB.
- MS SQL Reporting Services
- JIRA and Confluence
- SVN or other source control
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with UI/UX design concepts
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in computer science.
- 5+ years Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (40-60%)
- Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and cell phone (40-60%)
- Lifting computers and other equipment.
- Position may require some travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals Only
Purple Communications IncMinneapolis, MN
TechnologyView All Purple Communications Inc Jobs
Get fresh Full Stack Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.