Director of FP&A
Director FP & A
Purple Communications is one of the nation's most extensive communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing communities. As a leading provider of onsite interpreting services, video relay service and video remote interpreting, the Company delivers a wide array of options designed to meet the unique communication needs of its customers. Please view our website: www.purplevrs.com
Purple Communications' vision is to provide high-quality services with innovative products that break down communication barriers for its customers. We strive to change the game because we believe communication access is a right worthy of utmost respect and because every conversation matters.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong expertise to our world-class teams!
Summay of Duties:
The primary responsibility of the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is to provide leadership in the analysis and validation of business and financial data reported across the organization and to recommend responses to information / trends that indicate proactive or corrective action. This person ensures that information is structured and presented to corporate executives in a way that can inform business decisions and assist the Company in achieving its financial and growth targets
Director of FP & A Job Responsibilities:
• Leads all aspects of planning and analysis associated with the Annual Operating Plan and Mid- Year update including strategic process and system design as well as tactical steps of the plan
• Leads the Quarterly Flash P&L Forecast updated on a monthly basis
• Prepares the Monthly Financial and Business Operational Review Presentation
• Detailed ad hoc management reporting, including budget vs. actual variance analysis
• Prepare BOD packages and related presentations
• Capital expenditure and lease ROI / IRR analysis
• Coordinate and prepare Annual NECA Reporting submission
• Provide assistance to M&A diligence efforts
• Develop and update financial model and prepare investor presentations
• Ensures that business decisions make good business sense and are based on the appropriate level
of financial analysis
• Gathers and prepares financial information and other data for senior management. Provides
recommendations and suggests alternative actions
• Applies knowledge of external economic factors to ensure optimization of financial opportunities
• Challenges strategic concepts and validates the financial assumptions and information which form
the basis for strategies
• Manages and monitors strategic metrics across organization and respective product lines to ensure performance against goals
• Performs competitive benchmark studies and makes recommendations to senior management
Consultation / Partnership
• Identifies and frames business issues and opportunities for consideration by the CFO and other
senior leaders across the organization
• Provides guidance and direction to senior management across the business on financial and
operational issues within their business units
• Collaborates with senior management and other business leaders to establish overall business
direction, ensuring sound financial, strategic, and business direction
• Assures that senior management receives accurate and timely financial advice and interpretation
concerning strategies and other issues
• Work with key stakeholders to create business plans to address corporate initiatives. Assists in the
research, analysis, and compilation of data input
Director of FP & A Skills/Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting plus 10 years progressive development and experience in applicable business roles
• CFA and MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think and act strategically
• Ability to synthesize and present complex data
• Ability to analyze and communicate competitive strategies, business trends, performance trends against plan, market trends, etc. in a clear concise manner
• Ability to develop and deliver formal presentations to senior management and larger groups in a professional, concise, and direct manner
• Ability to continue focus in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with several daily interruptions
• Experience with Hyperion Enterprise software
• Strong project management skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Requisite level of computer skills — MS Word, Excel, Power point Outlook, etc.
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
Sitting, standing, and walking (95-100%)
Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and cell phone (40-60%)
Lifting computers and other equipment.
Position may require some travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals Only
Purple Communications IncAustin, TX
Finance and InsuranceView All Purple Communications Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.