- Posted: 8 days ago
- $17 to $20 Hourly
Have you cut your teeth in hospitality, but want to escape working all nights and weekends for low pay?
Are you tired of being underpaid and underappreciated?
We have very happy employees, that have come over from the hospitality, construction, and cleaning sectors. Men and women from the trades/construction and hospitality/restaurant industries thrive on our team, consider disaster restoration, you will not be bored!
Do you want to see your work positively impact people when they need help the most?
We are PuroClean Disaster Restoration Services, an emergency services company located on the Providence/Cranston line in central Rhode Island. Our disaster restoration apprentices (laborers) help people who have suffered water, fire, mold, and other property damage to their residences and businesses.
What are you looking for?
- You are motivated to grow personally alongside awesome hardworking co-workers, while helping customers out of sincerely difficult situations? We believe in continuous training and personal development, we should all always be learning.
- You enjoy being part of a team of A players that likes to work hard, be rewarded for it, and receive appreciation from management & ownership?
- You want reliable hours, paychecks, and benefits, with opportunities for bonuses? Our hourly rate is competitive and as you grow with us, our total compensation package for lead technicians is generous and the more efficient you are, the more you earn
- You want co-workers that are cooperative and enjoy having fun together? While you won’t find a ping-pong table in our shop, you will find smiles, laughs, and comradery in spades while you work, and after-hours during team outings and office parties.
- You want to shine and be rewarded and recognized for it. Each one of our team members must do the right thing and strive to excel. We value and look for honesty and commitment.
You don’t have to take our word for it, check out the videos below from some of our current employees!
Our Company Values:
- Crave Ownership
- Embrace Being All In, Together
- Cherish Clarity
- Love Taking Care of People
We are committed to continuous professional development. In addition to on-the-job training and weekly team training sessions, we pay for employee’s travel, lodging, hourly pay, per-diem and course fees to certify through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC):
- Water Restoration Technicians (WRT)
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT)
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT)
- Applied Structural Drying (ASD)
Most of our work is conducted during normal business hours Monday through Friday, but we are a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week, 365 day a year business. Therefore, technicians do need to be available 24 hours a day when on call which is on a rotating basis; typically, one week on and three weeks off.
Experience in the industry or other trades/construction/laborer is a plus, but not a requirement. Service in the armed service is also desired, but not a requirement. We have had great success converting people from the hospitality industry, you know customer service; we can teach you how to swing a hammer.
At times our apprentices get wet and dirty, work in attics, and basements with sewage. We provide appropriate personal protection equipment, but our apprentices cannot be afraid of getting dirty. It can be hard, yet rewarding work as we help people get back in their homes and businesses.
Everyone starts as an entry level restoration apprentice but the best apprentices can rise up to senior lead technician position. Our top senior lead technician have a total compensation package over $60,000 per year.
Appearance is very important, we need to make homeowners feel comfortable. Strict uniform standards must be adhered to; PuroClean provides all uniform items and provides a stipend for new boots annually.
To succeed in this role, Disaster Restoration Apprentices (Laborers) will:
- Do the right thing when no one is watching.
- Say yes to overtime and staying late to get it done today for our customers and teammates.
- Appreciate training and ask a lot of questions to learn & improve every day.
- Wear proper personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Leave the job site better than you found it.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S;
- Must pass entrance and periodic, background checks, and DMV/driving record checks;
- Reasonable level of physical fitness with no health issues that would interfere with the physical demands and/or conditions of the work environments customary for this type of work, to include the ability to lift and carry 50 pounds up and down a flight of stairs;
- Able to work for extended periods of time in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including wearing a full-face mask respirator;
- Valid COVID-19 Vaccination Card;
- Possess functional English language skills to interact with customers and employees.
- When you apply, we will have a “mystery question,” and only those that have read this ad in detail will know the answer. Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
- All staff can earn a 4% sales commission on work they bring in from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Regular opportunities earning on-call bonuses, overtime and upon advancing to Lead Technician or higher, able to earn a 5-figure profit sharing bonus annually.
- Health and Dental Insurance available; health insurance stipend $3,600/year for the employee.
- Company paid life insurance and disability insurance for employees.
- Up to 23 days of paid time off: 3 sick days, 10 holidays, and 10 vacation days.
- Company provided uniforms and tools; cell phones & ipad for those that advance.
- At one year of employment, opportunity to contribute to Simple Individual Retirement Account with company matching up to 3% of your pay. Includes free consult with financial planner.
$18-$20 for entry level employees with opportunities for advancement with company provided training to $23+/hour with profit sharing
If you’ve read this far and are smiling, then click the “Apply Now” button on this page!
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to PuroClean Corporate.
PuroClean of Providence
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?