Restoration Rebuild Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PuroClean Calgary has an immediate opening for a Rebuild Technician to join our team.
Position Summary: Will work under the general direction of the Project Manager to plan, organize and carry out the rebuild portion of a restoration project in order to meet customer service, timeliness, efficiency and profit goals.
- Coordinate activities with the Project Manager and communicate all schedule changes arising in the process.
- Ensure Job sites are compliant with safety policies & procedures and that all employees, subcontractors, & other parties involved are compliant.
- Complete Work Orders to make an efficiently run rebuild project
- Measure and install drywall to accommodate electrical outlets, air-conditioning units and plumbing.
- Possess skills with power and non-power tools to saw, drill, or cut holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, and plumbing
- Install insulation/plastic moisture barrier
- Assemble and install framing and trim for windows, doorways and vents.
- Display good manners and attitude toward the property owner, occupants of the property, co-workers, and sub-contractors.
- Follow specific instructions regarding style, colour and finish.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to, buildings, and/or other structures using brushes, spray guns, rollers, etc.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal for finish coats.
- Calculate amount of required materials and estimate costs based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or other materials to protect surfaces during painting.
- Uses caulking guns or putty knives to fill cracks, holes and joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other fillers.
- Mix and match colours of paint, stain, or varnish with oil, thinning and drying additives in order to obtain desired colours and consistencies.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, washing and/or abrasive blasting.
- Complete warranty issues.
Knowledge and skill set
- Practical knowledge of Building construction and building maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Practical knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Knowledge of basic shop mathematics to calculate metric conversions and materials needed for jobs.
- Willing and able to work on-call for after hour’s emergency work.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drive's License and be insurable.
- Able to build relationships with all parties involved in the construction process
- Good at problem solving and conflict resolution.
PuroClean CalgaryWhy Work Here?
PuroClean is in the business of serving people as well as restoring property. We believe in people and in continuous growth and improvement.
7648 - 40 Street SECalgary, AB
ConstructionView all jobs at PuroClean Calgary