- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Systems Engineer operates in a highly complex computing environment, responsible for the design, implementation and support of a number of information technology platforms including but not limited to Office356 Tenant, Microsoft Active Directory, VMware virtualization, Storage management of SAN devices. Building relationships and working closely with IaaS partner supporting corporate ERP and WMS systems and enterprise applications. Responsible for conducting studies analyzing business requirements and translating these into information technology solution designs. Responsible for assisting or managing complex IT deployment activities including equipment ordering and vendor negotiations, testing; troubleshooting; installation and implementation of technology upgrades and solutions. The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting systems, hardware, applications, and customers in a dynamic, global, enterprise environment. This position will work closely with other team members within the IT organization and provide leadership and mentoring to other members of the IT team plus represent the organization in various business meetings and project teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support a large-scale Distributed Infrastructure, providing technical leadership in problem solving, maintenance, and project build situations, formulating solutions for improvement, and working with peers to establish a strategic direction for the environment
- Provide preventative maintenance in all information systems core equipment and supporting technologies including but not limited to installing security related patches, certificates, and application upgrades
· Provide support for system solutions related to Microsoft, Linux, VMware, SQL, SAP, INFOR and backup/storage technologies
- Management of Office365 administration and apps, Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, Active Directory, Group Policy, access including MFA and SAML profiles as directed and Windows Server technologies
- Upgrade Applications and Tools, install patches, troubleshoot, and resolve application problems, performance tuning and capacity planning
- Managing business partners to set expectations of business deliverables. Holding partners accountable when deliverables are not met.
- Use and maintain scripts for administration and reporting; create PowerShell scripts for internal use for system and platform administration; other scripting, development, or program design experience a strong plus
- Manage virtualized environment understanding VMware and HCI hypervisors
· Administration of EMC, NIMBLE, QNAP, or other Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies
· Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement information technology that aligns with business needs and meets objectives
· Knowledge of Cybersecurity related to EPP/EDR applications and security minded reducing threat risks through the organization.
· Provide a point of escalation for issues from support center level; assist coworkers in problem resolution and platform knowledge
· Recommend, improve, and document systems engineering processes and procedures
· Participate in an on-call 24x7 rotation, or weekend work along with other Senior Systems Engineers
· Provide enterprise level and end user support and troubleshooting of Local Area Network/Wide Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (LAN/WAN/MAN/MPLS)
· Minimum seven (7) year's administrative experience with VMware and Microsoft server technology, networking topologies and experience within an enterprise-level infrastructure
- Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint 365, Azure Administration, BizTalk, Microsoft Teams, Remote Management and Monitoring tools
- Current Microsoft or Cisco Certifications preferred
- Operational knowledge of virtual technologies using VMware and NCI hypervisor technologies.
- Knowledge of secure WEB access technologies such as Internet Information Server (IIS) (e.g. secure certificates, Secure Socket Layer SSL)
- Familiar with Cisco networking equipment (Catalyst, Meraki and Unified Communications) and configuration of equipment.
- Enterprise backup and replication experience using VEEAM and other backup applications
- Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and provide excellent judgment with the ability to independently diagnose, solve problems, and make decisions with little or no need for direct supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
- Strong SQL /Oracle database knowledge preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Working remote or telecommuting available
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international where applicable
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries,
TechnologyView all jobs at Pure Fishing