Job # 2501
Purchasing Manager is needed for a manufacturing firm just outside of the downtown Minneapolis area. This is a contract to hire position. Manage procurement with suppliers. Identify new suppliers. Manage supplier quality. Monitor and report on costs and trends. Work with other departments to assure materials are on hand. Coordinate deliveries. No reports at this time. Salary DOE.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- College degree preferred but would consider comparable experience
- Certifications preferred
- Strong computer and ERP experience
- Knowledge of Lean concepts or Continuous Improvement
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with vendors
Purchasing Professionals, Inc.Purchasing Professionals Inc. dba PPI Search and Consulting. PPI is poised to satisfy client demands and anticipate what those same clients may need in the future. At PPI, we partner with companies in Minneapolis and St. Paul to provide recruitment and placement services for all levels of experience, from entry level to executive level positions in purchasing, operations, and supply chain management. With the addition of our consulting services, we are now able to utilize experienced professionals on a temporary basis in order to help Minnesota companies strategically expand on a domestic or global scale, or streamline their departments with cost savings and lean initiatives.