Graphic Designer - Punch Studio Stationery
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Punch Studio is a leading Home, Gift & Stationery product supplier for thousands of specialty retailers worldwide. We create high-quality, beautifully designed and giftable products that bring delight to people's everyday lives and homes. We are a privately held company headquartered in Culver City, CA looking for passionate leaders to join our growing, vibrant team!
As the Designer, you will be joining a fast-paced team of creative individuals and will conceptualize fresh surface patterns and illustrations for stationery and giftable items. The Designer works collaboratively with the creative team and other cross-functional departments (Sales, Product Development and Production).
This is an in-house position to work at our Culver City office location. Freelance and remote candidates will not be accepted.
Please visit our website:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow art direction, trend and critique from the Creative Director (CD) and Art Director (AD), with guidance from the Lead Designer (LD), completing all projects in a timely manner while adhering to assigned deadlines and department processes.
- Conceptualize and design original surface patterns - either digitally, or by using traditional painting and sketching skills, that support the target market while ensuring quality and consistency.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends by shopping and researching the competitive marketplace and creating inspiration and color boards.
- Maintain a high level of aesthetic judgment and effectively translate trends into products while cohesively merchandising collections.
- Manage design projects of varying complexities (i.e. art production style work, designing original compositions, etc.)
- Expand upon existing artwork provided by AD/LD to build out original production-ready designs to apply to various products and templates as assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of a product, including digital files and embellishment specifications, and tracking each product to the final sample stage.
- Follow product to completion with a strong sense of urgency.
- Review samples and update documents with accurate and detailed information, and follow up with LD regarding product comments.
- Critical attention to detail ensuring quality and consistency as it related to each item and collection.
- Task Assistant Designers, where appropriate, to complete projects on time and ensure their work meets the objectives.
- Uphold the highest standard of organization in personal workspace and in digital workspace/files.
- Daily check-ins with LD/AD, providing updates on progress, approval status and alerting of any foreseeable risks and managing up where necessary.
- Follow Art Department protocol and guidelines set forth by the CD.
- Contribute positively to the Design Team dynamic by performing all tasks with a willing attitude, a strong sense of urgency, and showing dedication to the company by creatively designing into the brand aesthetic.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BFA or BA in Design, Illustration, Fine Arts (or related field).
- 7+ years of experience working with surface design products such as stationery, wall décor, decorative storage boxes, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
All candidates must submit a digital portfolio or attach work samples with their resumes.
- Must be a highly energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind and understand the brand aesthetic and price point
- Extensive knowledge of MAC Operating Systems, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexibility in artistic style - able to create art from scratch with many different looks using traditional and digital techniques
- Skilled with home décor embellishments techniques (i.e. gold-leafing, spot color paints, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of surface pattern repeats, composition and engineered layouts, composition and color
- Skilled in typography
- Textile Design, Packaging Design and 3D experience a plus
- Ability to take constructive criticism well from leadership and clients
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Solid understanding of the marketplace and competitive set
- Proactively researches and shops the competitive market with an eye for identifying trends, color, and whitespace
- Proven track record of translating trend direction into successful designs, by merchandising cohesive collections, and delivering results
- Capability to think critically and solve problems quickly and efficiently manage upwards and down
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously while paying close attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication
- Team player with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn and grow
- Hybrid work schedule
COMPENSATION: Salary Range of $64,480 - $65,000
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Benefits plan including medical, dental and vision
- 401k and profit sharing
Punch StudioCulver City, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView All Punch Studio Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.