Managing/maintaining the general ledger for financial reporting purposes, oversight of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) to maintain sound internal controls over financial reporting, and assist with the external reporting (SEC) requirements.
- Supervise the daily activities of the accounting team and provide in-depth mentoring/development for direct reports.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements with relevant management discussion and analysis.
- Assist in the period-end close process by preparing/reviewing journal entries (including accruals), reconciling accounts and performing account analysis.
- Responsible for all aspects of cost accounting, including standard costs, purchase price variances and reconciliations. Work closely with the supply chain and manufacturing teams on inventory movements, licensee partner shipments and invoicing.
- Assist with SEC reporting, including preparations of forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and proxy statement. Assist with XBRL compliance.
- Responsible for the day to day Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) documentation and testing.
- Assist with local, state, federal and international tax reporting requirements, compliance and filings.
- Assist with the annual audit and quarterly reviews, including preparing schedules as requested by internal and external auditors, coordinating PBC requests and responding to auditor inquiries.
- Assist with accounting for stock-based compensation (SFAS 123R), leases, debt and fixed assets.
- Assist with supervision of Revenue, Accounts Payable (including accruals), Accounts Receivable and fixed assets.
- Assist with various technical accounting matters
- Additional projects as needed
Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical accounting and research skills.
- Strong Auditor Skills
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to work independently and a team player.
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Knowledge of Oracle or another accounting system is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Professional Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, in Accounting/Finance (MBA a plus)
- CPA license strongly preferred or equivalent experience is required. Big Four experience desired.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of accounting related experience with a combination of public accounting and.