We are currently seeking Massachusetts Licensed Journeyman Sprinkler Fitters for residential and commercial inspections and service. We have positions available immediately in the greater Boston, MA and surrounding area for qualified techs.
This position is primarily responsible for installing, maintaining, inspecting/testing, and/or repairing sprinkler systems including but not limited to: water based, dry pipe, and fire pump systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Cut, thread or groove pipes to specifications using tools such as saws, pipe threaders, and pipe groovers.
Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings or related equipment according to specifications.
Inspect, examine, or test installed systems or pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details.
Keep informed of new products and developments.
Prepare accurate and legible documents, such as work orders or inspection reports.
Complete all work in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
Work in a safe manner at all times.
Ability to maintain a neat /clean, and professional appearance that reflects well on the Company and clients.
- Time Management - Manages one's own time by developing ways to prioritize, organize and accomplish work tasks on time.
- Troubleshooting - Determines the cause of operating errors; takes initiative and decides what to do about it.
- Service Orientation - Responds promptly to customer needs and solicits feedback to improve service; meets commitments.
- Communication - Provides necessary/relevant information to supervisors, co-workers, and customers in a timely manner. Must be able to clearly communicate with customers in English.
- Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Massachusetts Journeyman Sprinkler Fitter License
- NICET certification a plus, but not required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in small confined spaces (crawl spaces, attics)
- Work from a ladder.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Work consistently during the day, standing, climbing, crawling, kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or lifting approximately 50 to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to wear work boots with steel toe, and other standard PPE such as hard hats, ear plugs, safety goggles. On occasion, dust masks may be required.
- Applicants must pass criminal background check & drug screen.
- Related work experience a plus but not required.
Company trucks are available and gas is provided.
To be considered please submit your resume including complete work history and relative experience if any.
Pulsar Alarm Systems
Why Work Here?Join our awesome team! We offer competitive compensation, a flexible work environment, health benefits, paid time off, employee perks & discounts, and a retirement savings program!!
Awesome team, competitive compensation, flexible work environment!!