We are currently seeking Massachusetts Class D (or better) Licensed Systems Technicians for residential and commercial installations and service. We have positions available immediately in the greater Boston, MA and surrounding area for qualified techs.
This position is primarily responsible for installing, programming, and repairing electronic systems including but not limited to: access control, CCTV, security and fire alarms.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation and Service of all provided services -- (i.e. Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, Surveillance Cameras, Audio/Video, Home Automation etc).
- Integrating IP based systems into client networks.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, or cavity walls to reach fixture outlets, positioning and terminating cables, wires, or strapping.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, or other security features to ensure proper functioning or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, or floors.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Consult with clients to assess risks and to determine security requirements.
- Mount raceways and conduits and fasten wires to wood framing, using staplers.
- Adjust sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers' recommendations, using programming keypads.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Prepare accurate and legible documents, such as work orders or inspection reports.
- Complete all work in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to maintain a neat /clean, and professional appearance that reflects well on the Company and clients.
- Time Management - Manages one's own time by developing ways to prioritize, organize and accomplish work tasks on time.
- Troubleshooting - Determines the cause of operating errors; takes initiative and decides what to do about it.
- Service Orientation - Responds promptly to customer needs and solicits feedback to improve service; meets commitments.
- Programming - Uses laptop or keypad for local programming of systems.
- Communication - Provides necessary/relevant information to supervisors, co-workers, and customers in a timely manner. Must be able to clearly communicate with customers in English.
- Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Massachusetts Class D Systems Technician License
- NICET certification a plus, but not required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in small confined spaces (crawl spaces, attics)
- Work from a ladder.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Work consistently during the day, standing, climbing, crawling, kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or lifting approximately 50 to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to wear work boots with steel toe, and other standard PPE such as hard hats, ear plugs, safety goggles. On occasion, dust masks may be required.
- Applicants must pass criminal background check & drug screen.
- Related work experience a plus but not required.
- IT (computer networking) background a plus.
Company trucks are available and gas is provided.
To be considered please submit your resume including complete work history and relative experience if any.
Pulsar Alarm Systems
Why Work Here?Join our awesome team! We offer competitive compensation, a flexible work environment, health benefits, paid time off, employee perks & discounts, and a retirement savings program!!
Awesome team, competitive compensation, flexible work environment!!