Quality Assurance Technician ($1500 Bonus Available)
Pulmuone Foods USA Ayer, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $21 to $23 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We are currently offering a $1,500 sign on bonus! You will be paid $1,000 on your first paycheck, and $500 after 90 days of service.
This position is responsible for ensuring the overall quality and food safety in their assigned areas through the management of regulatory, company, and customer policies, programs, and work instructions. Ensure all products meet company specifications and are produced in a wholesome manner that meets Company requirements. The Incumbent will report directly to QA Supervisor by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Perform daily monitoring and verification tasks as outlined in the HACCP program and recommend corrective actions for deviations.
· Collects and performs micro testing to assure finished and in process product is free of harmful bacteria.
· Performs raw material testing to assure all incoming material is acceptable for production
· Performs daily production line checks to assure finished product quality integrity.
· Review and verify batch records, logbooks, and quality documentation to ensure completion and regulatory compliance.
· Perform Product releases
· Evaluates data collected and writes reports using computer system.
· Performs Environmental Monitoring Swabs
· Performs ATP Hygiene Monitoring Swabs a on equipment to assure effectiveness of Sanitation program.
· Performs quality audits of the manufacturing process including GMP, and hygiene monitoring.
· Plays an integral part in food safety and internal and external audits
· Identifies and communicates promptly to Quality Manager all quality issues based on test results.
· Fills out all on Hold logs, reports, stickers to place product/material on “Hold” to ensure material is secured and does not leave the plant.
· Evaluates and sorts data and issues statistical reports to identify trends and deviations in the manufacturing process.
· Follow Good Documentation and Record keeping practices
· Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues under the supervision of supervisor
· Other Quality Assurance duties assigned by Supervisor
· Cleans lab instruments, utensils, sinks, and counter-tops on a daily basis to maintain a clean work environment.
· Under the direction of the Quality Manager complies with all food safety guidelines.
· Works with Quality Manager and other technicians overseeing that lot traceability activities are being followed according to SOP’s in the event of a product recall.
· Participates and supports the operations HACCP & GMP Programs.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Must have basic knowledge of microbiology/QA/QC
· Must be capable of demonstrating physical demands typical of food laboratory and microbiology lab
· Must be comfortable and able to work with all kind of ingredients, spices, food components including meat, nuts, dairy, soy, eggs & etc.
· Must be proficient in MS office: Excel, Word & PowerPoint
· Good listening skills and organization skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects and able to meet deadlines
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, nights as needed with reasonable notice.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Degree or Diploma in Food Science, Biology, or similar discipline from an accredited educational institution OR equivalent work experience is required
· 0-2 years of work experience in a Quality Assurance/Control/Microbiology in GMP environment.
· Experience in HACCP/SQF environment is a plus.
Nasoya Foods USA requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To the extent permitted by applicable law, candidate must be able to provide proof of full vaccination or receipt of the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or request an exemption due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief of practice, or pregnancy, as of the first day of work, to be considered for a U.S.-based job.
Nasoya Foods USA, LLC. is dedicated in creating the highest quality tofu products while fostering a strong commitment from all levels of management and employees, to reduce the Company’s environmental footprint and to protect the environment.
Nasoya Foods USA, LLC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Pulmuone Foods USAWhy Work Here?
Competitive Benefits and opportunity for growth!
1 New England Way Ayer MA 01432Ayer, MA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Pulmuone Foods USA