Company Brand Overview:
Pulmuone is a LOHAS, Lifestyle of Health &Sustainability, company that seeks to promote beautiful harmony between people and the earth. Pulmuone Foods USA brands include Nasoya, Wildwood, Emerald Valley Kitchen, Monterey Gourmet Foods, and Cibo Naturals. Pulmuone’s family of brands provide our consumers a wide variety of delicious products that areinspired by contemporary flavor palates and encourage a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. Visit www.pulmuonefoodsusa.com to learn more about the company and brands.
This position will be primarily responsible for new product development and product quality and process improvement on Pulmuone Foods USA. This person will perform R&D activities lead to achieving department goal, developing new product from concepts to commercialization, continuously improving quality, process, and cost of existing products, and providing technical support to the organization.
As a Food Technologist, he/she also will contribute to R&D projects by utilizing food science & technology knowledge and project management skill and by closely working with other professionals including in mother company in Korea and suppliers to accomplish assigned projects. This position is also required to lead trouble shooting and actionable recommendation and develop specification to technical problems with assigned co-packs and imported products.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage new product development from concept thru commercialization, primarily focusing on refrigerated sauces and meal kit products
- Provide product excellence management from co-packing products per request and as assigned
- Work with HQ and suppliers for packaging application
- Maintain development and maintenance of QMS for assigned products
- Lead process improvement for quality and cost reduction; troubleshoot for product quality and productivity; monitor product quality and improvement of co-packing and import items in the area where needed
- Research and identify new materials, suppliers, and co-packers for new projects and/or assignment
- Work with vendors, process engineers, food technologists, and marketing specialists to understand available technology and provide ideas, solutions, and alternatives to meet food safety, quality, costs, and customer requirements
- Identify prospective co-packers to NPD project assigned and conduct scale-up test to live run by closely working with food technologist/scientists
- Report update/progress status of all formal R&D projects using MS project software in line with NPD process
- Maintain an awareness of market trends and comparative products from all major retailers/competitors and recommends product development ideas in line with those trends and coordinates interdepartmental activities
- Apply a wide range of food microbiology and chemistry knowledge to identify the root-causes of product defects and propose preventive actions
- Assist with special project assignments as needed
Skills / Qualifications:
- BS degree in food science/food technology or similar is required
- Minimum 5 years related work experiences at food manufacturing company
- Experience in food product development
- Food packaging application experiences is plus
- Knowledge of food manufacturing process
- Experiences closely working with packaging supplier in packaging development
- Proficient with computers and MS office and strong communication skills
- Experiences with NPD process
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups
- Bilingual in English and Korean
Pulmuone Foods USA
Why Work Here?
Competitive Benefits and opportunity for growth!