Food Scientist II
- Posted: 24 days ago
- $75,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Pulmuone’s mission is a company that creates a healthy future for people and the earth with wholesome foods. Pulmuone Foods USA brands include Nasoya, Wildwood, Emerald Valley Kitchen, Monterey Gourmet Foods, and Cibo Naturals. Pulmuone’s family of brands provide our consumers a wide variety of delicious products that are inspired by contemporary flavor palates and encourage a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. Visit www.pulmuonefoodsusa.com to learn more about the company and brands.
Food Scientist II will contribute to R&D projects by utilizing food science & technology knowledge, project timeline management skills while working closely with cross-functional teams, our headquarter resources and suppliers to accomplish assigned projects in a timely manner. This position is also required to lead trouble shooting and make actionable recommendation and develop specification to technical problems with assigned imported products and co-packing partners.
- Manage new product development from concept thru commercialization for different product platforms, with a focus on sauce/liquid processing, also manage product development for Dumplings
- Maintain awareness of market trends and comparative products from all major retailers, competitors and recommend product development ideas in line with those trends and coordinate interdepartmental activities
- Provide product excellence management from co-packing products as assigned
- Work with HQ and suppliers for packaging application
- Maintain development and maintenance of QMS for assigned products
- Lead process improvement for quality and cost reduction; troubleshoot for product quality and productivity; monitor product quality and improvement of co-packing and import items in the areas needed
- Research and identify new materials, suppliers, and co-packers for new projects and existing product lines
- Work with vendors, process engineers, food scientists, and marketing specialists to understand available technology and provide ideas, solutions, and alternatives to meet food safety, quality, costs, and customer requirements
- Identify prospective co-packers for NPD project assigned, conduct scale-up testing and launch products working cross-functionally
- Provide update of progress and status of all R&D projects by utilizing preferred the MS project software in line with NPD process
- Apply a wide range of food science, microbiology, and chemistry knowledge to identify the root-causes of product defects and propose preventive actions
- Assist with special project assignments as needed
Skills / Qualifications:
- BS degree in food science/food technology or similar is required
- Minimum 4 years related work experience in a food manufacturing company
- Knowledge and experience working with vendors for new ingredient/alternate supplier sourcing
- Experience in food product development and commercialization, with experience in processing and process flow design
- Food packaging application experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with NPD process a plus
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional groups
- Bilingual in Korean preferred
We offer competitive pay and benefits package, including health (~80-90% company paid) for employee and dependents, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, company match 401K plan, vacation, floating holidays, and company holidays.
Pulmuone Foods USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?