Food Safety Quality Assurance Specialist
Pulmuone Foods USA Fullerton, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Company Brand Overview:
Pulmuone is a LOHAS, Lifestyle of Health &Sustainability, company that seeks to promote beautiful harmony between people and the earth. Pulmuone Foods USA brands include Nasoya, Wildwood, Emerald Valley Kitchen, Monterey Gourmet Foods, and Cibo Naturals. Pulmuone’s family of brands provide our consumers a wide variety of delicious products that are inspired by contemporary flavor palates and encourage a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. Visit www.pulmuonefoodsusa.com to learn more about the company and brands.
This Food Safety Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for fulfilling the requirements for FSMA/FSVP to verify the foreign suppliers of food for human and animal consumption meet applicable FDA safety standards. This position will develop, review, or implement Pulmuone Foods’ FSVP for compliance and oversee Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Control. This position will be also responsible in facilitating technical communication with Pulmuone Korea R&D division & Pulmuone Foods USA R&D division.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Given the US-FDA mandated Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) along with the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) and the rise in customer demands from all sectors, the Associate Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance is an important leader on our team and plays a key role to ensure our suppliers are in full compliance with US government and customers’ requirements
- Work closely with foreign suppliers to resolve any issues that may arise
- Monitor FDA regulatory changes, assist with other tasks as needed
- Customer’s supplier/vendor program, ex) Costco, GORP updating with R&D
- Audit foreign food manufacturing facilities supplier approval documentation and perform GMP/HACCP verification
- Perform Supplier Risk Analysis and review Food Safety documents for all current and potential suppliers
- Conduct OEM in approval process and managing and evaluating of OEM food safety and quality program
- Active participation with customer complaint investigation
- Conduct an investigation and communicating with OEM regarding a customer complaint and food safety and quality matter
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology, (bio-)chemistry, chemical engineering, or agricultural science is required
- Food quality and food safety system knowledge and experience and familiarity with food regulatory compliance required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, supply chain, or related field
- Required certificates: PCQI, FSVP QI, SQF Ver 8.1 training, HACCP
- Understanding/knowledge of food microbiology, chemistry and biological chemistry
- Understanding/knowledge of FDA and USDA food regulation
- Proficient with computers, MS office, Genesis, and strong communication skills
- Good communication skills, Bilingual (English, Korean) is required
Pulmuone Foods USAWhy Work Here?
Competitive Benefits and opportunity for growth!
2315 Moore AveFullerton, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Pulmuone Foods USA