Pugh Executive Search has partnered with a PE-Backed company located near Fort Worth to identify a Corporate Controller for their growing corporation. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will serve as a strategic partner leading all Accounting, Finance, Financial Reporting, and assisting the CFO with M&A activities and acquisition integration. This dynamic leader will manage the financial activities including the periodic close, analysis, reconciliation process, financial reporting, financial planning and budgeting, maintaining controls, and operational accounting for this multi-entity growing enterprise. This is a fascinating company that has grown quickly through organic growth as well as acquisition and provides vital services to businesses throughout North America.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an experienced, large company Corporate Controller that has significant experience managing the flow of information to the PE Firm. This leader will have experience in evaluating the current state of the accounting department, enhancing processes and procedures, identifying material weaknesses, and grow a team of motivated professionals.
Requirements to be considered for this leadership role are as follows:
- BBA in Accounting, active CPA required, no exceptions
- 15+ years of progressive Accounting including 3+ years in public accounting
- 5+ years of providing consolidated accounting and reporting to PE Ownership, no exception
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of G/L accountants in a multi-entity, multi-location organization
- Strong Technical Accounting research and implementation including Purchase Accounting, Revenue Recognition, ASC606, Lease Accounting ASC 842
- 12+ years of experience in the accounting Industry.
- 8+ years experience in a management/leadership role, ability to motivate and mentor accounting staff
- Must have worked directly with External Auditors in the past and System Implementation experience is a PLUS
- Experience establishing controls and improved processes within the accounting system
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Must be able to travel up to 25%