Position Summary: The Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing and processing payment (by ACH and checks) of vendor invoices and bills and properly recording in accounting financial system. Ensure timely payments to vendors and communicate with vendors to resolve any questions or concerns regarding invoice and payment. Assist Accounting Manager with policies and procedures to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Review invoices, bills and timesheets for accuracy and confirm approval was granted by authorized program staff and record in MIP Accounting Software.
- Create PRFI Accounts Payable Vouchers for needed invoices to be paid and obtain proper approval signatures and record in MIP Accounting software
- Processing of payments by check or ACH/Wire Transfers and obtain proper approval for release of payment.
Reconcile agency credit cards statement with receipts and prepare report of such expenses and record in MIP Accounting Software
- Review petty cash requests from programs
- Prepare Accounts Payable Aging Report on a monthly basis
- Review and/or process orders from Program Directors or Administration
- Prepare on a monthly basis employee advance reports for fiscal department and follow up with programs when needed
- Assists with month end close by ensuring all invoices have been recorded to its correct general ledger code and cost center
- Reconcile vendor account statements against our financial records for variances when needed
- Metrocard order for PRFI Programs
- Create distribution codes in MIP Accounting Software and ensure vendor profile are updated
- Maintains accurate filing records
- Assist in creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) regarding accounts payable area
- Provide support to other fiscal staff members when needed
- Work on audit tasks and special assignments as needed
Bachelor’s degree preferred, HS Diploma required.
Three or more years’ experience processing accounts payables in a non-profit setting.
Knowledge of accounting practices and understanding of how general ledger accounts relate to invoices
Attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skill, and a positive attitude are a must.
Must be able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Proven ability to interact with various departments across an organization
Comprehend the sense of urgency regarding critical vendors and payments
Strong sense of urgency with all work-related tasks
Self-motivated and organized with good time management skills
Moderate Excel skills and knowledge of MIP Software recommended
Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with an aptitude for teamwork.
Ability to use public transportation for travel to program locations throughout New York City.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Ability to understand sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving skills
Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Proficient computer knowledge, including word processing and database software
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.
You can visit our web page at www.prfiorg.com to get more information about our organization.
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc.Our organization is a nonprofit, multi-program family-oriented health and human services agency whose primary mission is to prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of underserved communities. We offer a comprehensive array of social and health care services that are culturally and linguistically relevant. Our core services include mental health treatment, crisis intervention, adult and children’s health care coordination, child placement prevention, residential programs for developmentally disabled adults, and Head Start programs. Our programs operate in New York City and are available to clients of all races and ethnic backgrounds. You can visit our web page at www.prfiorg.com to get more information about our organization.