Position Summary: The Clinical Supervisor will assist the Director with activities within the Article 31 Mental Health Clinic, helping with day-to-day management of clinic operations, including enhancing clinic efficiency and revenues, provider productivity and accountability, and client engagement and retention.
· Assists in day-to-day management of Article 31 clinic operations and oversees daily operations in absence of Program Director.
· Maintain a part-time clinical caseload to provide necessary coverage when requested by Program Director.
· Provides clinical and administrative supervision/training of clinicians, clinical interns and support staff.
· Conduct professional development trainings for clinical staff.
· Provides weekly, individual, clinical supervision to assigned psychotherapists, offering expertise and guidance in a variety of treatment modalities.
· Monitors clinician productivity, documentation, treatment planning, referrals to other clinics and agency services, and communication with outside providers.
· Participates in case conferences with clinic team regarding disposition of all admissions and case closings.
· Supports staff in adhering to clinic policies and procedures, including tracking and enforcement of clinic standards and guidelines.
· Manages clinicians' service provision and ensures accuracy of Medicaid billing in compliance with regulations.
· Offers guidance to clinic providers in accurate identification of services and CPT codes to ensure accurate billing.
· Ensures clinic compliance with all regulations (NYSOMH, HIPAA, etc.), including proper and timely documentation, maximizing reimbursable clinic services under 599.
· Assists with clinic audits and adheres to all state and local reporting requirements, including incident reporting.
· Keeps abreast with current and changing regulations and policies related to service delivery, provider requirements, Medicaid and billing, through monitoring of OMH website and attendance of trainings and meetings of local and state groups and government representatives.
· Participates in current transition of clinic and agency to an electronic medical record system.
· Performs other duties as may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the agency and fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
· LCSW or LCSW-R required.
· Five or more years’ experience in a leadership role managing corporate compliance in a non-profit setting.
· Experience working in an Article 31 Clinic, including strong knowledge base regarding OMH regulations, clinic management and operations
· Strong expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must be Bilingual Spanish speaking.
· Must have superior organizational and analytical skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people, as well as an aptitude for teamwork.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Ability to understand sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving skills
Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Proficient computer knowledge, including word processing and database software