Cyber Security Analyst
Clearance:Minimum of a current Top Secret Clearance. In addition to specific clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
Location:Alexandria, Virginia, USA
Education:Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field.
Experience:3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
MUST have one of the following certifications:
GCIH Incident Handler
GCFA Forensic Analyst
GCFE Forensic Examiner
GREM Reverse Engineering Malware
GISF Security Fundamentals
GXPN Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
GWEB Web Application Defender
GNFA Network Forensic Analyst
OSCP (Certified Professional)
OSCE (Certified Expert)
OSWP (Wireless Professional)
OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
CCFP Certified Cyber Forensics Professional
CISSP Certified Information Systems Security
CEH Certified Ethical Hacker
CHFI Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
LPT Licensed Penetration Tester
ECSA EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
ENSA EC-Council Network Security Administrator
ECIH EC-Council Certified Incident Handler
ECSS EC-Council Certified Security Specialist
ECES EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist
Windows Forensic Examinations FTK WFE-FTK
Computer Incident Responders Course - CIRC
Windows Forensic Examination EnCase Counter Intelligence (CI) - WFE-E-CI
Forensics and Intrusions in a Windows Environment -FIWE
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of multiple Operating Systems, monitoring and detection techniques and methods, and Incident Response Lifecycle. The candidate must be familiar with the operation of common protocols, network intrusion detection systems, and endpoint detection and response tools. Experience using PowerShell, Python, or Bash to automate common tasks is highly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct investigations by analyzing and verifying information utilizing log analysis, digital evidence collection and forensic procedures.
- Use Network and Host based tools to monitor and detect potential threats and unauthorized activity across Windows, Unix, Cloud, and Mobile devices.
- Perform forensic and memory analysis on Windows, Unix, Mobile, and Cloud devices and infrastructure.
- Develop and update security content such as IDS signatures. SIEM queries, alerts, and dashboards, Standard Operating Procedures, and other detection and mitigation measures.
- Identify network visibility and technology gaps to make recommendations to improve the organizations overall security posture.
- Automate procedures and develop code to eliminate repetitive manual tasks.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other entities within and outside the SOC.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field.
- 3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell.
-Minimum of a current Top Secret Clearance. In addition to specific clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM, or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE Encase: EnCE, DOD 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst, or IR Carnegie Mellon: CSIH.
Between 1-2 years of experience in two or more of these specialized areas:Insider Threat,Digital media forensics, Monitoring and detection,Incident Response
Extremely competitive salary!
30 days of leave (holiday, leave, personal).
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Employer automatically contributes 4.5% to 401K no employee matching necessary.
Training and Education employer reimbursement up to $2,500 per calendar year, with full tuition paid for select Masters programs.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro