Cloud Security Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Pueo is known for bringing the best talent and unique tools to every opportunity. Pueo's Parliament (aka workforce) is composed of professionals who are seeking the opportunity to work in a small business with a flat organization that thrives on career development and independence. In support of mission and professional growth, our Parliament has supported the development of multiple patents, proprietary tools, and applications as well as trademarked processes.
Our flat organization emphasizes career development across multiple career environments (at the members own pace) and ensures those who contribute broadly are properly rewarded. Pueo has four career environments where every member of the parliament can participate. Each environment has opportunities available for all levels. Opportunities are framed by an employee's desires and capabilities, and we ensure challenges, growth, and unique experiences are available for employees at all levels.
Our Career Environments (Program, Functional, Service, and Leadership) provide numerous opportunities for employees to invest in their personal growth and those things that offer fulfillment. We invest in helping our members create and execute their career development plans. Our Pods (small teams of 5 or less) are comprised of personnel with similar skillsets to ensure mentorship, understanding, and peer support.
Pueo is looking to add a SME Cloud Security Engineer to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Security Operations Center (SOC) in Bluemont, VA.
- Provide guidance to FEMA's leadership and engineers on developing and building a secure and robust cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement visibility and monitoring solutions for cloud providers - SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Make architecture recommendations for building out cloud services that are secure and meet security needs
- Build automation tooling and pipelines that enable protected systems to be deployed across a variety of environments, including public/private cloud, virtual machines, or bare metal servers
- Coordinate directly with senior customer leadership on recommendations, planning, and paths forward for cloud automation and transitioning
- Collaborate with the engineer team to design and develop automation to standardize and secure cloud services
- Ability to collect customer requirements, design, and automate security controls, data collection, and other processes to enhance operational support and metrics
- Aid in the integration of monitoring solutions for cloud systems
- Solving challenging problems involving system and environment internals, to provide solutions that are simple to use, but can be customized to meet customer needs
- Collaborating directly as a SME with stakeholders related to build releases and ensure builds provide a consistent core foundation for hosting government and commercial applications
- Ability quickly adapt to various APIs to support automation needs for SOC engineers and security analyst needs
- Find innovative ways to streamline overall Security operations, investigative and incident response tasks
- Supporting technologies and products, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, RedHat Linux, Satellite, Git, GitOps, Python
- Integrate directly with a team of SOC Security Engineers to develop customized solutions to customer challenges
- Must have at least 7 years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in Cybersecurity Engineering and Cloud technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline. Additional applicable military or relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Cybersecurity-related advanced certification considered a must
- Security Operations experience considered a must
- Must have hands-on experience with Cloud technologies and service providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Can apply security first principles to solve complex technical challenges
- Experience with Zero Trust Architecture a plus
- Python programming and other scripting languages critical to this position's success
- Experience with automation development
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a government background check.
Pueo is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. Pueo takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Pueo Business Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Pueo Business Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?