Superintendent - Sheet Metal
Pueblo Mechanical & Controls Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PUEBLO IS THE LARGEST MECHANICAL CONTRACTOR IN ARIZONA AND GROWING. We offer very competitive wages and an excellent benefits package that includes four choices of United Health Care medical plans, free life insurance, two dental plans, vision and a generous 401K savings plan.
Our company is growing and expanding into new markets; lots of exciting potential and opportunities for the right candidate.
This position reports directly to the General Superintendent/Project Manager
JOB DUTIES / GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
The Superintendent will report directly to the General Superintendent/Project Manager. The Superintendent is responsible for leading and managing a team of foremen and sheet metal technicians to deliver exceptional quality and customer service to our clients. The Superintendent will be closely working with the Project Managers to understand the goals and direction of Pueblo Mechanical, and lead their team to generate profits.
• Develop solutions to make sure issues never become problems.
• Reviews projects with Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager after equipment and subs are procured.
• Does physical survey of project to ascertain conditions and reports back to PM in writing, if required.
• Does material and duct takeoffs for projects in a timely and thorough manner.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions to include, but not limited to, scheduling, material control, rentals and may provide as required daily supervision on-site for assigned projects.
• Assures all site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, company policies and other requirements as they occur. Documents all incidents as they occur and notifies Project Manager and recommends and implements corrective action.
• Responsible for assuring that all jobs have weekly reports filled and turned into the office weekly. This is to include safety / tool box reports, preconstruction, weekly production report and any project specific reports.
• Conducts inspections on jobs, assures jobs are detailed to Pueblo Mechanical standards, assures jobs are ready, and participates as needed, in start-ups and coordinates as needed with contractors, engineers, subcontractors and owners as necessary.
• Coordinates with shop for production scheduling and deliveries.
- Ensure quality of work meets and/or exceeds acceptable industry standards.
- Complete Quality Assurance analysis on projects to prevent call backs and warranty work.
- Complete job-site walks with clients to ensure complete satisfaction.
Build Long-Term Relationships:
• Client Relationships
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with current and future clients.
- Proactively communicate with entire construction team at all times.
- Subcontractor Relationships
- Proactively develop relationships with subcontractors to support future growth and opportunities.
- Be proactive when scheduling subcontractors to ensure overall success of the project.
- Recognize and track the progress of employees, and properly nominate individuals for promotions and/or incentive bonuses.
- Assist with interviewing prospective employees, and make recommendations.
- Assures all Pueblo Mechanical and project specific safety requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff have their personal protection equipment on at all times.
- Coordinate with safety officer for jobsite visits and ensuring a safe jobsite.
- General Requirements:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated and punctual.
• Must be able to multi-task and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
• Must be professional in appearance and speech.
• Experience with government facilities a plus.
- SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pueblo Mechanical & Controls, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Pueblo Mechanical & Controls, LLC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. We will make every effort to afford to individuals (with the necessary qualifications) an equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, medical condition (including pregnancy), or any other classification protected by law. This applies to all personnel practices, including but not limited to; recruitment, hiring, training programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational activities.
Powered by JazzHR
Pueblo Mechanical & Controls
ConstructionView all jobs at Pueblo Mechanical & Controls