Under minimal supervision performs detailed office support and customer service within assigned department or division.Essential Job Functions
- Performs customer service and reception duties for the department or division; provides information; directs callers and visitors to appropriate department or person; takes messages.
- Sets up and maintains office filing systems, files and records using unique identifiers and cross referencing to avoid duplication; assembles information upon request; develops and maintains related forms and documents.
- Receives, sorts, distributes and processes incoming or outgoing mail.
- Prepares information including binding, stapling and copying; distributes packets to appropriate persons including mass mailings.
- Types a variety of standardized, routine documents and letters including but not limited to interoffice memos and administrative forms.
- Processes and monitors purchase orders, personnel requisitions and maintenance requests.
- Orders, maintains, and distributes office supplies and/or equipment.
- Coordinates schedules and makes arrangements for training, meetings, events, tests and/or similar activities.
- Scans and enters various information into databases.
- Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Responsible for distributing new and replacement Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Quest Cards.
- Fills in for other staff as necessary and/or required.
- Attends meetings, classes and trainings as required or requested by supervisor.
- Encouraged to recommend changes to improve procedures that would result in efficiencies, cost savings and safety.
- Communicates actively, clearly and regularly with supervisor and co-workers on all work-related topics.
- Understands, observes and complies with all Governmental, Pueblo County and Departmental policies, procedures and protocols when performing job duties.
- Possesses excellent oral and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Pueblo County employees from same or different departments/offices, entities and customers.
- Effectively manages multiple projects at once.
- Effectively deals with stressful situations.
- Easily adapts to sudden and unexpected changes in work assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of mathematical functions including subtraction, addition, multiplication and division.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and databases.
- Performs duties independently without close supervision.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply program, department, County, State and Federal rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including typewriters, computers, computer software, calculators, printers, copiers, scanners and facsimile machines.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Follows verbal and written instructions.
- Provides professional customer service to clients and public.
- Maintains sensitive and confidential information.
High School Diploma or GED equivalency required.
Minimum of two years clerical experience required.
Licenses and/or Certificates:
Valid driver's license at the time of application and a valid Colorado driver's license at time of hire required.
Must successfully pass background check.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
Vehicles-Drives automobile and/or truck.
Frequently (25% to 50% of the time)
Climbing-Ascends or descends using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Stooping-Bends body downward and forward. Requires use of lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bends legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Crouching-Bends body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Reaching-Extends hand(s) and arms(s) in any directions.
Handling-Seizes, holds, grasps, turns or otherwise works with hand(s).
Confined/Restricted Working Environment-Work is performed in closed or locked facility providing safety and security.
Hazards-Exposure to hostile individuals or animals.
Regularly (50% to 100 % of the time)
Strength-Lifts, carries, push, pulls or otherwise moves objects up to 25 pounds.
Strength-Sits with brief periods of walking and/or standing.
Fingering-Picks, pinches, types or otherwise works primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Equipment Utilized-Office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, copiers, scanners, adding machine, etc.
Hazards-Exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens.
Hazards-Exposure to dust, fumes, gases or airborne particles.
Strength-Lifts, carries, push, pulls or otherwise moves objects from 25 to 50 pounds.
Strength -Lifts, carries, push, pulls or otherwise moves objects from 50 to 75 pounds.
Strength-Capability to overcome and restrain a combative or resistive subject.
Strength-Walks and/or stands with brief periods of sitting.
Exposure to Weather-Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by the weather or non weather-related conditions.
Schedule-Works shift work, weekends, holidays and subject to on call duty.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining unit
Employment Type: Full Time