- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The inventory tech position manages inventory through a database and maintains levels required on a daily basis to meet distribution demands. The position also receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping, or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Pick and issue material to shop jobs, unload paint, and report quantities and part numbers
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Enter data into computer database for quantities of parts issued, transferred between locations, and cycle count adjustments.
- Receive and issue finished goods into computer database.
- Troubleshoot quantity discrepancies with manufacturing and inspection personnel.
- Prepare monthly reports for cycle count and pick-lists count for monthly highlights.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, or other documents for purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items.
- Reviews files to determine unused items and recommends disposal of excess stock.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Assist with complying data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Assist in the keeping the back-order file in established sequence and releasing back orders for issue or shipment as stock becomes available.
- Set-up for pump school, including to stage all necessary equipment to Puck’s standards.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- May be assigned facilities and equipment (including fork lifts, doors, scissor lifts, etc.) maintenance duties as needed.
- Prepare and participate in yearly physical inventory.
- Sweep, dust, and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Decision Making.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as forklifts, box cutters, and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasionally, may be required to work Fridays.
On occasion, may travel during the business day to make a delivery.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Knowledge of industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- For positions that require driving, must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO)
PCE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PCE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
PCE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PCE’s team members to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Puck Enterprises