JOB TITLE: Mechanical Inspector
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
PAY TYPE: Hourly / Full Time
Experienced programming with Zeiss Eclipse with Calypso software. Mechanical Inspector will utilize various measuring devices including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, bore gages, depth gages, thread gages, profilometer and a CMM to inspect metal precision machined parts. The Inspector is responsible for full inspections on first pieces, last pieces and first articles as well as in-process inspections to ensure that all production parts meet customer drawing requirements via mechanical and visual inspection. This position is also responsible for detection, identification and segregation of non-conforming material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Constantly monitor documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Perform measurements accurately to the best practice for the given size, geometry and tolerance.
- Respond rapidly to the needs of operators, teams and management in order to meet production and customer needs.
- Reads and analyzes blueprints to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions etc.
- Measures dimensions, such as length, height, depth, diameter and angles using standard and precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, gauge blocks, height gage, bore gages, profilometer,
- Inspects first run parts,
- Communicates with co-workers, supervisors, and customers to receive instructions and co-ordinate activities.
- Checks and fills in all inspection data on QC reports
- Assume other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Manufacturing Quality Control and CMM programming
- Must know basic quality terms, definitions and concepts.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- A firm knowledge of manual inspection techniques
- Must be able to identify and report nonconforming material
- Must understand traceability (product, material and calibration).
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- ISO or AS9100 experience
- GD& T experience
- Machine Shop background
Pay range dependent on skills and experience.
2 weeks of Paid Time Off
6 Paid Holiday Days
Set schedule every week.