The Manager of Data manages our clients’ data from the time we receive it until our publications are sent to the printer. It involves working with our technology team in preparing data before a project starts, consulting with the client and account management team on data concerns during the life cycle of the project, and working with the client on returning updated data to for integration back into their database successfully. The Project Manager uses Access to analyze and prepare the client’s data for printing, coordinating with Production to produce the publication (digital and printed).
Who is PCI: With roots dating back nearly a century, PCI (Publishing Concepts) is in the Big Data space, publishing and marketing member and alumni directories for universities, high schools and service organizations. Clients include Harvard, Princeton, Texas A&M, SMU, Peace Corps, Eagle Scouts, Shriners, Air Force Association, and American Legion. At PCI, we are culture enthusiast!
Our culture is based on exceptional company values:
- Pursue EXCELLENCE (Purposefully!)
- Unlock HUMAN POTENTIAL
- Act with INTEGRITY
- Innovate a CULTURE of Relationship and Fun
- Lead with a SERVANT’S HEART
We are ranked in the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Arkansas,Texas and Virginia!
- Understand and live the PCI values
- Meet monthly goals and deadlines
- Interact with clients using excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complete detailed data review and management throughout project
- Manages projects for maximum efficiency for clients and team members through PM methodology
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Utilize internal tools and methods of communication (Fogbugz)
- Partner with other departments, assisting technology, account management, sales and client services to meet client requirements and contractual obligations and research and resolve client inquiries
- Identify and implement process improvements to maximize efficiencies.
- Manages the quality, integrity and validity of the asset data.
- Maintains and reconciles manageable file system of participant records that is easily
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to acquire understanding & absorb information rapidly.
- Gets things done by practicing excellent prioritization and making good decisions on where to focus attention.
- Open to and adapts quickly to changing technology
- Shows initiative, positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work effectively under time constraints, meet short deadlines and take direction.
- Writes clear, precise, well-organized documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & word usage.
- Should have basic communication skills, both oral and written.
- Produce accurate work despite frequent interruptions.
- Should be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Copes effectively with complexity and change. Handles ambiguity and uncertainty well.
- Consistent logic, rationality & objectivity in decision-making.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and control the work process.
- Effectively and timely communicates up, down, and across the organization.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and produce accurate work despite frequent interruptions.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude
Minimum experience preferred of the position:
- 2+ years as a project manager
- Access, Excel, SQL experience is a must
- Working knowledge of LEAN principle a plus.
What PCI will provide in return:
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous PTO, and 401k plan.
- Amazing culture – We are ranked #1 Midsize Place to Work in DFW and Texas!
- Support of our executive team, managers, and colleagues; training and sales resources are also provided on an ongoing basis.
- Offer you incentives to strive for: career advancement, leadership/management training, recognition, exciting contests.
- Offer you work-life balance
- An environment where you are encouraged valued and motivated to succeed. PCI have a promote from within culture
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability. Candidates must pass pre-employment background check and drug screens.