Graphic Designer - Virtual/Remote
Publishing Concepts Des Moines, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
Design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
Medical insurance, Health Spending Account (HSA), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Wellness program, 401K with company match, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Educational Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance
Publishing Concepts, LP (PCI): Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we partner with colleges, high schools, and service organizations to engage their alumni and members. We collect data and real stories from real people. PCI uses this information to publish alumni/membership directories and oral history projects. Our prestigious clients include institutions such as Harvard, Spelman, Texas A&M, and Georgetown. We also serve organizations such as Peace Corps, Shriners International, and Vietnam Veterans of America.
Our notthebigcompany Values:
- Pursue EXCELLENCE (Purposefully!)
- Unlock HUMAN POTENTIAL
- Act with INTEGRITY
- Innovate a CULTURE of Relationship and Fun
- Lead with a SERVANT’S HEART
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
- Research new software or design concepts.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
Minimum 3 year of design experience (print design, production environment, adobe creative cloud)
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Willing to work full-time (40-60 hours per week)
Flexibility to work on the weekends (during peak times to meet strict deadlines)
This position requires the employee to live in (or relocate to) one of these states: AR, FL, GA, IA, KS, MS, NC, OK, SC, TX, VA, WI. Can you comply with this?
Accept a drug test to be performed
Knowledge in: Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
Knowledge in: Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
Knowledge in: Adobe Systems Illustrator
Knowledge in: Microsoft Excel
Knowledge in: Zoom
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
AddressDes Moines, IA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Publishing Concepts