Copy Editor - Virtual/Remote
Publishing Concepts Tampa, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Proof book covers and introductory sections for directories.
- Proof all designed materials produced by our design team or clients for grammar, punctuation, bleed requirements, and photo resolution needs.
- Own your role as the final touch point before the client receives their project.
- HAVE 3+ year(s) as copy editor or graphic design experience
- HAVE proven experience working from home and with Zoom, Adobe Suite - InDesign, Publication Design Outlook, MS Office Suite.
- HAVE proficiency in proofreading a body of text for grammar and punctuation errors
- HAVE a college degree in English, Graphic Design or equivalent experience!
- Are detail oriented and extremely organized.
Medical insurance, Health Spending Account (HSA), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Wellness program, 401K with company match, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Educational Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance
Publishing Concepts, LP (PCI): Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we partner with colleges, high schools, and service organizations to engage their alumni and members. We collect data and real stories from real people. PCI uses this information to publish alumni/membership directories and oral history projects. Our prestigious clients include institutions such as Harvard, Spelman, Texas A&M, and Georgetown. We also serve organizations such as Peace Corps, Shriners International, and Vietnam Veterans of America.
Our notthebigcompany Values:
- Pursue EXCELLENCE (Purposefully!)
- Unlock HUMAN POTENTIAL
- Act with INTEGRITY
- Innovate a CULTURE of Relationship and Fun
- Lead with a SERVANT’S HEART
What you can expect:
- Operate in Central Time
- Collaborate with our in-house copy editor, designers, and other departments operating on Central Time.
- Report to the Production & Design Manager and meet regularly to develop a positive working relationship
- Proof engaging book covers, introductory sections, designed materials produced by our design team or clients for grammar, punctuation, bleed requirements, photo resolution needs. Maintain brand quality of the organization.
- Apply and enforce the use of PCI's brand standards.
- Absorb and apply constructive feedback
- Deliver quality on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Non-exempt hourly work from home position
- 40 hour work week Monday – Friday
Minimum 3 year of copy editing or proof editing (print production environment, adobe creative cloud)
40 hour work week Monday – Friday and 50-60hr + weekends during peak times
This position requires the employee to live in (or relocate to) one of these states: AR, FL, GA, IA, KS, MS, NC, OK, SC, TX, VA, WI. Can you comply with this?
Accept a drug test to be performed
Knowledge in: Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
Knowledge in: Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
Knowledge in: Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
Knowledge in: Adobe Illustrator
Knowledge in: Microsoft Word
Knowledge in: Microsoft Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Publishing Concepts