Senior Data Engineer
Publicis Sapient Birmingham, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a digital business transformation partner of choice, we’ve spent nearly three decades utilizing the disruptive power of technology and ingenuity to help digitally enable our clients' business in their pursuit of next.
We bring a startup mindset and agile methods to both established companies and the public sector to unlock value in ways that delight their customers and improve their operational effectiveness. Our approach to transformation is grounded in a view of both the company and the customers simultaneously, and a unique fusing of strategy and consulting, experience and engineering with an enduring culture of problem-solving creativity.
In the space between next and now is how. And we believe that how you seize that space is everything.Job Description
- Combine your technical expertise and problem-solving passion to work closely with clients, turning complex ideas into end-to-end solutions that transform our clients’ business
- Translate clients requirements to system design and develop a solution that delivers business value
- Lead, design, develop and deliver large-scale data systems, data processing and data transformation projects
- Automate data platform operations and manage the post-production system and processes
- Conduct technical feasibility assessments and provide project estimates for the design and development of the solution
- Mentor, help and grow junior team members
- Demonstrable experience in enterprise level data platforms involving implementation of end to end data pipelines
- Good communication and willingness to work as a team
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the leading public cloud data platforms (Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience with column-oriented database technologies (i.e. Big Query, Redshift, Vertica), NoSQL database technologies (i.e. DynamoDB, BigTable, Cosmos DB, etc.) and traditional database systems (i.e. SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience in architecting data pipelines and solutions for both streaming and batch integrations using tools/frameworks like Glue ETL, Lambda, Google Cloud DataFlow, Azure Data Factory, Spark, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously in leadership and contributing to tasks “hands-on”
- Understanding of data modeling, warehouse design and fact/dimension concepts
Set Yourself Apart With:
- Developer certifications for any of the cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Understanding of development and project methodologies
- Willingness to travel
Benefits of Working Here:
- Flexible vacation policy; time is not limited, allocated, or accrued
- 15 paid holidays throughout the year
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate gift matching program
TechnologyView all jobs at Publicis Sapient