Registered Sanitarian I/II
Department: General Services/Food
Office: Environmental Health
Posting Date: July 9, 2019
Hours: Full-time, M - F 8 am - 4:30 pm
Starting Salary: SIT/ C37–$18.59/hr; $38,667.20/Annual
RS I/ C42–$21.04/hr; $43,763.20/Annual
RS II/C47–$23.81/hr; $49,524.80/Annual
**PHDMC requires all applicants to complete a hard copy application which includes a Nicotine-Free Policy agreement. Applications will be emailed and are also available on the PHDMC website.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Health or degree in the Physical, Natural, or Biological Sciences which meet the educational requirements set forth by the Ohio Sanitarian Registration Act (ORC 4736)
• Ability to obtain Sanitarian-in-Training status within 30 days of hire and become a Registered Sanitarian within 3 years
• Current valid Ohio driver’s license & access to a motor vehicle
• Current Sanitarian-in-Training or Registered Sanitarian and/or a Graduate Degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, or related field
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Conducts inspections of food operations, public swimming pools, schools, transient accommodations, smoke free work place programs, and other public or semi-public facilities; Prepares reports which determine compliance with state and local codes and regulations
• Conducts field tests and/or collects various samples as assigned
• Conducts complaint inspections for program operations; Investigates complaints concerning foodborne illness as needed
• Maintains accurate files, data processing and other office records; May assist in preparation of legal or administrative documents
• Works with various state, county, and municipal governments and community groups to promote improved environmental health practices; Conducts educational presentations, including Level 1 Food Safety Training
• May be required to play an active role during a public health emergency, crisis, outbreak, incident or event in which the Health Commissioner deems additional changes in responsibilities and working locations / hours.
How to apply:
• Complete the application found on our website: www.phdmc.org/about/employment-postings.
• Fax, email, or deliver the completed application to Human Resources at:
Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County
117 South Main Street, 2nd Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422
Fax (937) 496-3070
Deadline to Apply: July 26, 2019 or until position is filled
Position is subject to a criminal background check.
Applicants who declare use of nicotine/tobacco in any form including replacement therapy products and prescription medications used to treat smoking addiction on the PHDMC Application for Employment or addendum thereto, shall not be considered for employment.