PART-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
Position: Public Health Nurse I /II
Department: Children with Medical Handicaps
Office: Health Services
Posting Date: July 28, 2020
Hours: Part-Time (24 hours a week) M-F 8 am – 4:30 pm
Starting Salary:C43/13 I $24.66/hour
C48/13 II $27.92/hour
· A Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing OR an Associate degree in Nursing with two years relevant experience
· Current valid Licensure from State of Ohio to practice as a Registered Nurse
· Current valid Ohio driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle (mileage is reimbursed at IRS rate)
· Experience with a minimum of two years working with children with chronic illness/disabilities and experience working with families on a continuum of care and knowledge of local resources.
· A Bachelor of Science in Nursing plus four years total experience (two of which are in Public Health) OR an Associate’s Degree in Nursing plus four years total experience in nursing (two of which are in Public Health)
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills and PC skills.
· Good understanding and knowledge of Third Party Medical Insurance and Medicaid Eligibility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Responsible for nurse case management to families with children on the CMH program
· Responsible for extensive communication and follow-up with families, Ohio Department of Health, Early Intervention programs, participating Pharmacies, Physicians, Hospitals and local Agencies
· Requires Home Assessment visits to families with children with special healthcare needs
· May be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours
PHDMC provides a quality, affordable and competitive part-time package, including the following:
· Vacation, sick and personal leave, Paid holidays
· Eligibility to contribute to a Deferred Compensation Program
● Membership with Ohio Public Employees Retirement Systems
How to apply:
· Complete the application found on our website: www.phdmc.org/about/employment-postings
· Fax, email, or deliver the completed application to Human Resources at:
Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County
117 South Main Street, 2nd Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422
Fax (937) 496-3070
Closing Date to Apply: August 21, 2020 or until position is filled
Applicants who declare use of nicotine/tobacco in any form including replacement therapy products and prescription medications used to treat smoking addiction on the PHDMC Application for Employment or addendum thereto, shall not be considered for employment.
Public Health- Dayton & Montgomery County (PHDMC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis oF race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic testing, or other Unlawful bias except when such a factor constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification (“
Public Health Dayton Montgomery County
Why Work Here?PUBLIC HEALTH- DAYTON & MONTGOMERY COUNTY (PHDMC) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUIMMNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION , GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC TESTING, OR OTHER UNLAWFUL BIAS EXCEPT WHEN SUCH A FACTOR CONSTITUTES A BONA FIDE OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION (“BFOQ”).
PUBLIC HEALTH- DAYTON & MONTGOMERY COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER