Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist Needed for High End Residential Facility
Psynergy Programs is looking for a full-time Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist for its Sacramento facility. Job duties include providing one-on-one support and running groups to assist clients in coping with their illness.
A minimum of an Associate's degree is required; a Bachelor's degree is preferred. Must have at least 4 years experience working with clients in a mental health setting. Previous experience writing notes for Medi-Cal highly desired.
We offer medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and generous paid time off. The hourly rate for this position is $23 - $29 per hour, depending on experience. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training.
- Provides milieu and/or mental health rehabilitation support.
- Assists with assessment and intervention in client crises, including necessary follow-up, using appropriate consultation.
- Completes clinical records and other required documentation in accordance with agency, payer and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors residents’ behavioral changes, reinforces positive appropriate behavior, offers counseling and support to residents in need, and reports observations to the supervisor.
- Helps patient and family through individual or group conferences to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations.
- Utilizes community resources to assist patient with resuming life in the community or learning to live within the limits of their disability.