Psynergy Programs, an adult mental health residential facility in Morgan Hill, is looking for a Lead Residential Caregiver/Assistant Administrator to work closely with the Administrator to support our clients. Pay for this position is $20.00 to $25.00 per hour, depending on experience. Work days/hours are Friday – Tuesday, 8am – 5pm. Must work 2 on-call shifts each week.
An AA or BA degree is required. Must have 3+ years’ experience in counseling, social work or a residential facility. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training. Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean record.
Psynergy offers a generous time-off plan, medical, dental and life insurance, and a 401k plan with a 5% employer match.
Summary: Works to ensure that clients are properly supported in the facility from admit to discharge. Sets the tone for staff interactions with clients. Acts as Administrator when Administrator is off-duty.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acts in place of Administrator when Administrator is not on site.
- Supervises the daily activities of all Residential Counselors including scheduling, training, support and discipline when needed.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, reviews, monitors and evaluates the work of the Residential Counselors.
- Ensures daily reports, logs and required documentation are completed in a timely manner.
- Takes On-Call duty on assigned nights.
- Works with the Administrator to ensure the facility is maintained in compliance with Community Care Licensing.
- Inspects, logs and follows up on repairs that need to be made in the facility.
- Prepares for and orients new clients, reviewing required documentation, assisting with settling into room and storing their belongings.
- Oversees the organization of all onsite and offsite storage for client personal belongings. Arranges for stored items to be retrieved as needed.
- Assists with gathering and completing necessary paperwork for Incident Reporting/Missing Person reporting and/or Emergency Medical or Psychiatric ambulance transport.
- Provides assistance to and supports clients ADL’s (activities of daily living), to include feeding themselves, bathing, dressing, grooming and leisure activities.
- Observes residents’ daily activities and monitors residents’ behavioral changes, documenting and reporting observations per policy and procedure.
- Reinforces positive appropriate behavior, offers counseling and support to residents in need.
- Assures facility is clean and well kept; directs and performs light cleaning duties as needed.
- Provides transportation of clients in agency vehicles to off-site outings and appointments as needed.
- May administer medications in accordance with medication room policies and procedures.
- May assist or lead groups or recreational activities, such as shopping.
- Other duties as assigned.