JOB TITLE: General Transcriptionist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs typing voice mail messages from multiple mailboxes into an electronic health record system. The duties could include but not limited to typing of messages, assessing urgency of message and routing appropriately, interacting with team members and physicians, and maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Practice Administrator.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly with possibility overtime)
- Maintains messages in a current status.
- Input all information obtain into the computer system appropriately.
- Type voice mails precisely as left by caller
- Assess and routes messages appropriately
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned to you within the established practices of the clinic and to the state/federal laws regulations.
- Always maintain professionalism and confidentiality
EDUCATION: High school diploma.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years medical transcribing experience at a practice.
- Knowledge of industry standard medical protocols is required.
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security is required.
- Knowledge of spelling of psychiatric medications is preferred.
- Knowledge of NextGen eHR is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules necessary to type professional correspondence required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High attention to detail and the proven ability to complete tasks on time is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with physicians as well as staff is required.
- Basic skill in using computer applications, particularly MS Excel and MS Word is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, external consultants, and employees is required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent attitude and willingness to learn is absolutely required at all times.
- Be able to sit for extended period of time typing messages
- Work will require hand dexterity for typing and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard, etc.
- Work may be stressful at times dealing with employees, patients or physicians.
- Work may require long hours on a fluctuating basis.
- Work is performed in a typical, well-lighted office environment. Can work from home using personal equipment after appropriate amount of time.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.