Job Posting for SCHEDULING ASSISTANT
A highly busy and growing psychiatry office is looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and who takes pride in their work to join our fast paced office.
PLEASE SUBMIT SALARY REQUIREMENT WITH RESUME
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and the proven ability to complete tasks on time is paramount.
- Ability to prepare routine paperwork in a timely manner is required.
- Ability to maintain records in an orderly and complete manner is critical. Must be extremely organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with physicians and insurance companies is required.
- Ability to handle a large quantity of work in an occasionally stressful environment with a positive attitude is critical.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, external consultants, parties requesting information, and co-workers is required.
- Basic MS Word processing computer skills required.
Accurately schedules new and established patients according to office protocols
- Verifies benefits
- Works returned mail and updates system
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Handles the following after the above duties are current (in this order):
- Serves as backup to phone operator.
- Serves as backup to front desk (Check in and check out).
· 2+ years of hands on experience in a medical office
· Experience in NextGen is helpful but not required
· Must be computer savvy
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
· Attention to detail is a Must
Besides a salary, we offer other benefits including, medical, dental, life, STD, LTD, paid vacation and sick days, 401k with a match scale, and Profit Sharing.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.