JOB TITLE: Psychiatric Doctors Assistant
- Triages patient, hospital, and pharmacy phone calls. Returns “actionable” calls the same business day if. Call volume can exceed 300 per week.
- Verifies medication requests, prepares prescriptions for physician signature, and handles refill requests within 12 business hours.
- Obtains prior authorizations for medications.
- Enters data into electronic charts related to calls and physician inquiries.
- Charts all calls received and the action taken.
- Makes sure documentation is complete (with regard to information generated by the assistant) before the patient’s next visit.
- Performs crisis intervention and routes calls appropriately.
- Handles disability and other paperwork within days of the request.
- Upholds all HIPAA Privacy and Security protocols and reports any inadvertent improper disclosures to the office manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to oversee daily operations of department as well as managing employees time off, work flow and training.
EDUCATION: Psychology degree (2 or 4 year), nurse (L.P.N.) credentials, or medical assistant credentials preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and the proven ability to complete tasks on time is paramount.
- Ability to prepare routine paperwork in a timely manner is required.
- Ability to maintain records in an orderly and complete manner is critical. Must be extremely organized.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems by using good clinical judgment is required.
- Ability to minimize patient call time and move through a heavy workload efficiently and effectively is mandatory.
- Ability to work through dozens of calls and messages each day while performing other tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with physicians is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate calmly, clearly and concisely with very agitated patients is required.
- Ability to handle a large quantity of work in an occasionally stressful environment with a positive attitude is critical.
- Substantial skill in using computerized programs and applications is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, external consultants, and co-workers is required.
- Ability to prioritize patient and hospital needs as directed by the physician regardless of what the patient or hospital states is a priority, yet maintain professionalism when the patient or hospital disagrees with your timeliness.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Psychiatry Associates of Kansas CityA highly busy and growing psychiatry office, currently 14 providers, is looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and who takes pride in their work to join our fast paced office. Besides a salary, we offer other benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, paid vacation and sick days, 401k with a match scale, and Profit Sharing. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.