INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS IN YOUR RESPONSE, PLEASE
- Maintain a professional appearance and performance.
- Check patients into/out the computer system.
- Verify/Update patient demographics including insurance information (scanning documents into the system.
- Collect any monies owed to Psychiatry Associates of KC.
- Input information obtained into the computer system appropriately.
- Assist with answering phones of the main number as well as the scheduling line.
- Receive, sort and process outside clinic packets.
- Logging in and out scripts and samples
- Schedule office lunches.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned to you within the established practices of the clinic and to the state/federal laws regulations.
EDUCATION: High school diploma.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years medical experience at a practice with more than 5 physicians.
- Knowledge of industry standard medical protocols is required.
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security is required.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules necessary to type professional correspondence required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High attention to detail and the proven ability to complete tasks on time is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with physicians as well as staff is required.
- Basic skill in using computer applications, particularly MS Excel and MS Word is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, external consultants, and employees is required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent attitude and willingness to learn is absolutely required at all times.
- Work may require hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to attend off-site meetings, or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Work may be stressful at times dealing with employees, patients or physicians.
- Work may require long hours on a fluctuating basis.
- Work is performed in a typical, well-lighted office environment.
- Work involves frequent contact with physicians, staff, patients, and insurance companies. Some contact is offsite and in varying environmental surroundings.
- Some offsite travel is required (to offsite storage, etc.).
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.