This position conducts patient activities and patient contact to reinforcecognitive stimulation, to encourage socialization and to promoteself-initiative.
Care – Provide the best possible patient Care
Compliance – Ensure the program operates within all regulations
Community – Become a wonderful addition to your local Community
- Develop and implement therapeutic activities for small and large groups basedon participant’s level of functioning. Create weekly schedules that meet CMS guidelinesand provide therapeutic benefit for the patients.
- Planning for thematic decoration and special events.
- Train Mental Health staff to carry out activities when the RecreationalTherapist is not present.
- Fill in for program staff as needed.
- Plan a daily schedule of physical, social and spiritual activities accordingto patient abilities.
- Develop and maintain a library of structured tasks for patient use.
- Order and maintain activity program supplies according to budget.
- Work with the team to promote a positive, calm, joyful environment throughoutthe units.
- Assess participants need for therapeutic social and recreational activities.
- Document patient participation and behavior based on each patient’sindividualized care plan.
- Document each patients response to interventions in daily group notes.
- Exercise accountability for patients and staff safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation
- CTRS Certification required
- One-year experience in a patient activities program in a health care settingpreferred
- Current CPR (will be provided)
- HELP training will be provided
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employee may work in high stress direct patient care areas. Stress levels maybe high due to frequent dealings with life and death situations, physicians,families and other healthcare providers. Demands high level of concentrationand the ability to work in emotionally charged situations.
Ability to handle light to moderate materials. Physical demands greater thanmoderate may require knowledge of use of appropriate equipment. Frequentbending, lifting and pulling require proper use of good body mechanics. Thisjob includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Also, the ability to communicateby phone is important.
This position has no management responsibility.
- Monday through Friday schedule
- No after-hours call
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Diverse roles including clinical, leadership, and community liaison
- Matching 401K with immediate vesting
- Relocation assistance considered
- Click here to learn more about PMC’s excellent benefits
Job Type: Full-time