The Program Director ensures that the intensive outpatient psychiatric program meets Psychiatric Medical Care's (PMC) standards. Supervisor of the program staff, the Program Director's responsibilities include: evaluating staff performance, recruiting and screening new staff, and providing community education to create awareness of the program. Good relationship building skills a must: comfortable and experienced with working closely with hospital CEO's, CFO's, CNO's and high level decision makers. Must have a proven ability in conflict resolution and effective problem solving. The Program Director directs and coordinates the activities of staff to ensure quality patient care. They also must incorporate financial accountability into program activities.
Care - Provide the best possible patient Care
Compliance - Ensure the program operates within all regulations
Community - Become a wonderful addition to your local Community
Care: All employees are expected to provide the best possible patient care
- Ensure a caring and congenial environment which is necessary for healing
- Ensure completion of initial intake of potential patient is completed accurately
- Participate in staffing as needed and pass on relevant information to other members of the treatment team to facilitate patient success
- Ensure falls assessment is competed accurately
- Ensure patient treatment plan is completed accurately
- Ensure triple check required of therapist documentation prior to billing is performed accurately
- Contact the Elder Abuse Hotline per the 25-point check list as needed
- Keep in contact with Regional Director and inform them when necessary of anything that might impact the hospital, patients or Senior Life Solutions in a timely manner
- Ensure preparation for doctor's day and required information
- Coordinate schedules with psychiatrist to ensure participation with treatment team
- Demonstrate knowledge of mental health assessment for older adults, gerontological case management and behavioral health disorders associated with aging
- Delegate as needed to ensure continuity of care and deadlines are met
Compliance: Ensure the program operates within all regulations
- Ensure all rules associated with the federal government such as Medicare are followed.
- Be prepared for surveys by regulatory groups such as The Joint Commission, DNV, HFAP or local state licensing
- Provide evaluations and documentation per guidelines
- Keep up to date on all training obligations
- Ensure compliance with the 25-point checklist by utilizing provided audit tool
- Ensure all forms are signed and completed appropriately
- Complete insurance verification process for every referral
- Respond to inquiries on a timely basis and provide further referrals and follow up as necessary.
- Provide reports as requested by the Regional Director
Community: Become a wonderful addition to your local community
- Participate in both Senior Life Solutions and local hospital events.
- Provide community education on a weekly basis and ensure the community is aware of the SLS program.
- Keep up to date community education contacts.
- Participate in customer service training as it relates to community integration
- Serve as a member of the hospital leadership team.
- Education: associate's degree or higher in nursing.
- Licensure: Registered Nurse
- Certification: Must meet any applicable state certification standards.
- Experience: two to three years of experience with seniors, hospital or nursing facility preferred.
- Must have proficiency using a PC in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Electronic Medical Records
- Experience communicating & working closely with Physicians
- Understanding and experience in behavioral healthcare
- Demonstrated skill in utilization management and review systems
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving, consensus building, conflict resolution, advocacy, and team building
- Ability to accomplish work objectives where few precedents or guidelines currently exist
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease, infection from patients.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position required intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting, driving and supporting patients.
This position supervises Program Therapist and Office and Patient Coordinator.
- Monday through Friday schedule
- No after-hours call
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Diverse roles including clinical, leadership, and community liaison
- Matching 401K with immediate vesting
- Relocation assistance considered
- Click here to learn more about PMC's excellent benefits
About PMC/Senior Life Solutions
Founded in 2003, Psychiatric Medical Care manages more than 65 Senior Life Solutions programs across the U.S. Senior Life Solutions is an intensive outpatient behavioral healthcare program designed to meet the needs of adults over the age of 65 who are struggling with symptoms of depression or anxiety often related to aging. Patients are offered services by an interdisciplinary team of caring, experienced, behavioral health professionals, which includes a psychiatrist, licensed therapist, and registered nurse.
To ensure we retain and invest in great people, PMC provides its employees with excellent benefits, recognition, training, and the opportunities needed for professional growth. Join us in making a difference in the lives of seniors in your community.
Founded in 2003 and based in Nashville, TN, Psychiatric Medical Care (PMC) is a leading behavioral healthcare management company focused on addressing the needs of rural and underserved communities. Operating in more than 25 states, the company manages both inpatient psychiatry units and intensive outpatient psychiatry programs within hospitals. PMC also provides telepsychiatry services across a variety of clinical settings. The company's programs provide evaluation and treatment for patients suffering from behavioral health issues including depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mood and cognitive disorders. For more information, visit www.psychmc.com