We seek a fulltime Program Director in the inpatient program at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Idaho.
Who are we? Psychiatric Medical Care has been around since 2003 but we have the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up company. We work in partnership with medical centers and critical access hospitals nationwide, as we assist some of our more vulnerable community members who live in smaller or rural communities. Our success is based on our proven models that works and saves lives, affecting families and the community.
We work in partnership with, the award-winning St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Idaho. The Behavioral Health Center there is licensed for 20 psychiatric beds and offers hope, rapid stabilization, intensive individualized treatment, and thorough discharge planning.
Join our inpatient team of skilled clinical team of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, registered nurses, case managers, program therapists, psychiatric technicians, and chaplains working together with one goal: to bring hope and to help our patients ages 18 and older who require the support and security of an inpatient setting.
If you are interested or know someone who could be looking for a change, please email or call me. We'll send a job description and set up a time to confidentially talk. Apply directly on our website: https://www.psychmc.com/careers/working-at-pmc.
Or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
This position is responsible for 24- hour operations and accountability of the behavioral health unit to support patient/family focused, high performance/ high commitment care.
- Care - Provide the best possible patient care
- Provides and defines standards for quality patient care.
- Develops, manages and evaluates work team performance.
- Hires, supervises and evaluation of all staff along with handling performance management issues.
- Consults with staff, physicians on nursing problems and interpretation of facility policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, plans of care and therapeutic treatments.
- Participates in formulation of patient treatment plans.
- Performs medication teaching and the management of therapeutic milieus.
- Knowledge of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
- Performs crisis intervention.
- Compliance - Ensure the program operates within all regulations
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Participates in development and maintenance of policy and procedures and is accountable for compliance with all pertinent standards along with local, state, and federal requirement.
- Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Provides mandatory and voluntary in-service training of specialized treatments and therapies
- Community - Become a wonderful addition to your local community
- Development of annual and quarterly business plans.
- Makes presentations in the community supporting the program.
- Assists in formulating and managing the budget.
- Master's Degree Nursing preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in state of operation.
- Experience working in psychiatric behavioral health preferred.
- 4 years Management experience preferred.
- Handle with Care Training will be provided
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employee may work in high stress direct patient care areas. Stress levels may be high due to frequent dealings with life and death situations, physicians, families and other healthcare providers. Demands high level of concentration and the ability to work in emotionally charged situations.
Ability to handle heavy materials or patients. Physical demands greater than moderate may require knowledge of use of appropriate equipment. Frequent bending, lifting and pulling require proper use of good body mechanics. Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, staff physicians and visitors displaying a smile and maintaining a pleasant attitude. This job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Also, the ability to communicate by phone is important.
This position manages the staff.
About PMC/Senior Life Solutions
Founded in 2003, Psychiatric Medical Care manages more than 65 Senior Life Solutions programs across the U.S. Senior Life Solutions is an intensive outpatient behavioral healthcare program designed to meet the needs of adults over the age of 65 who are struggling with symptoms of depression or anxiety often related to aging. Patients are offered services by an interdisciplinary team of caring, experienced, behavioral health professionals, which includes a psychiatrist, licensed therapist, and registered nurse.
To ensure we retain and invest in great people, PMC provides its employees with excellent benefits, recognition, training, and the opportunities needed for professional growth. Join us in making a difference in the lives of seniors in your community.
Founded in 2003 and based in Nashville, TN, Psychiatric Medical Care (PMC) is a leading behavioral healthcare management company focused on addressing the needs of rural and underserved communities. Operating in more than 25 states, the company manages both inpatient psychiatry units and intensive outpatient psychiatry programs within hospitals. PMC also provides telepsychiatry services across a variety of clinical settings. The company's programs provide evaluation and treatment for patients suffering from behavioral health issues including depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mood and cognitive disorders. For more information, visit www.psychmc.com
Psychiatric Medical Care
Why Work Here?About Psychiatric Medical Care Founded in 2003 and based in Nashville, TN, Psychiatric Medical Care (PMC) is a leading behavioral healthcare management company focused on addressing the needs of rural and underserved communities. Operating in more than 25 states, the company manages both inpatient psychiatry units and intensive outpatient psychiatry programs within hospitals. PMC also provides telepsychiatry services across a variety of clinical settings. The company's programs provide evaluation and treatment for patients suffering from behavioral health issues including depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mood and cognitive disorders. For more information, visit www.psychmc.com
Amazing Senior Leadership team, opportunites for growth, great culture