Join our inpatient team of skilled clinical team of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, registered nurses, case managers, program therapists, psychiatric technicians, and chaplains working together with one goal: to bring hope and to help our patients ages 18 and older who require the support and security of an inpatient setting.
We work in partnership with, the award-winning St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Idaho. The Behavioral Health Center there is licensed for 20 psychiatric beds and offers hope, rapid stabilization, intensive individualized treatment, and thorough discharge planning.
This position is responsible for 24- hour operations and accountability of the behavioral health unit to support patient/family-focused, high performance/ high commitment care.
Care - Provide the best possible patient care
- Provides and defines standards for quality patient care.
- Develops, manages, and evaluates work team performance.
- Hires, supervises, and evaluation of all staff along with handling performance management issues.
- Consults with staff, physicians on nursing problems and interpretation of facility policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, plans of care and therapeutic treatments.
- Participates in the formulation of patient treatment plans.
- Performs medication teaching and the management of therapeutic milieus.
- Knowledge of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
- Performs crisis intervention.
Compliance - Ensure the program operates within all regulations
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of policy and procedures and is accountable for compliance with all pertinent standards along with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Provides mandatory and voluntary in-service training of specialized treatments and therapies
Community - Become a wonderful addition to your local community
- Development of annual and quarterly business plans.
- Makes presentations in the community supporting the program.
- Assists in formulating and managing the budget.
- Master's Degree Nursing preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of operation.
- Experience working in psychiatric behavioral health preferred.
- 4 years of Management experience preferred.
- Handle with Care Training will be provided
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employee may work in high stress direct patient care areas. Stress levels may be high due to frequent dealings with life and death situations, physicians, families and other healthcare providers. Demands high level of concentration and the ability to work in emotionally charged situations.
Ability to handle heavy materials or patients. Physical demands greater than moderate may require knowledge of the use of appropriate equipment. Frequent bending, lifting, and pulling require proper use of good body mechanics. Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, staff physicians, and visitors displaying a smile and maintaining a pleasant attitude. This job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Also, the ability to communicate by phone is important.
This position manages the staff.
Who is PMC? Founded in 2003, Nashville-based Psychiatric Medical Care (PMC), is one of the fastest growing national behavioral healthcare companies. We currently partner with more than 150 healthcare facilities to increase access to behavioral healthcare services within 26 states through our three divisions: Senior Life Solutions (intensive outpatient programs), inpatient behavioral health, and Integrated Telehealth Partners (telehealth). With the help of our facility partners, we promote our mission to improve the function and quality of life for patients living in underserved communities. We are committed to fostering a culture of accountability and kindness where our team members are rewarded, encouraged, and supported.
To ensure we retain and invest in great people, PMC provides its employees with excellent benefits, recognition, training, and the opportunities needed for professional growth. Join us in making a difference in the lives of individuals in your community.
PMC's Three Divisions:
Senior Life Solutions: Designed to meet the specific needs of hospitals based in rural areas, Senior Life Solutions is an intensive outpatient group therapy program intended to meet the unique needs of adults typically ages 65 and older struggling with symptoms of depression and anxiety that can sometimes be age-related. We partner with critical access hospitals to manage this service within their hospital.
Integrated Telehealth Partners: PMC's telehealth division, ITP, provides access to an experienced group of psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners across the country in a variety of settings including, emergency departments, jails, outpatient facilities, and mental health clinics. Using technology, we're able to help our partner facilities see patients more efficiently and in a wide variety of locations.
Inpatient Behavioral Health: PMC manages inpatient psychiatry units in partnership with hospitals to provide life-changing round-the-clock care for adults struggling with depression, anxiety, mood disorders, memory problems, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other mental illnesses.
Founded in 2003 and based in Nashville, TN, Psychiatric Medical Care (PMC) is a leading behavioral healthcare management company focused on addressing the needs of rural and underserved communities. Operating in more than 25 states, the company manages both inpatient psychiatry units and intensive outpatient psychiatry programs within hospitals. PMC also provides telepsychiatry services across a variety of clinical settings. The company's programs provide evaluation and treatment for patients suffering from behavioral health issues including depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mood and cognitive disorders. For more information, visit www.psychmc.com
Psychiatric Medical Care