Responsible for providing high quality medical nutrition assessment and counseling for a variety of medical conditions, primarily obesity-related co-morbid conditions. Responsible for pre and post-surgical education of bariatric services. RD works as an active member of a multidisciplinary team. Part-time and Full-time available.
- Responsible for reviewing and developing educational materials
- Serves as a resource and collaborates with Marketing Department to promote nutritional services
- Review care practices to ensure high quality care and patient satisfaction
- Stay current with information regarding the management of obesity, the nutrition needs of the bariatric population, and general nutritional guidance for individuals transitioning to healthier eating habits
- Formulates, implements and monitors nutritional care plan for patients - pre and post surgery, and non-surgical patients
- Assess nutrition needs of patient based on review of medical record and/or patient interview
- Educate and counsel patients and their families - individually and in a group setting on "Nutrition Guidelines after Bariatric Surgery" using counseling techniques and written material
- Maintain CE requirements for Licensure of a Registered Dietitian in the state of TX and with the American Dietetic Association.