Job Description: Assess, evaluate and diagnose behavioral, mental, emotional and cognitive disorders through observation, interview and psychological tests of surgical patients. Applies theory relating to behavior and mental processes to formulate and administer treatment that may include counseling, therapy and surgical clearance. Clinic setting.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Obtains and studies medical, psychological, social, and family histories, by interviewing individuals and by reviewing records
· Determines patient appropriateness, psychologically, for surgery
· Consults reference material such as textbooks, manuals, and journals in order to identify symptoms, to make diagnoses, and to develop approaches to treatment
· Counsels individuals regarding problems such as stress, inappropriate coping mechanisms, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior and/or to improve personal, social, and lifestyle adjustment
· Develops and implements individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy; Discusses the treatment of problems with patients
· Evaluates the effectiveness of counseling or treatments, and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, then modify plans and diagnoses as necessary
· Identifies psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues, and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials
· Interacts with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, and lifestyle adjustment
· Doctoral degree in psychology or medicine from an accredited college, university or professional school
· Licensed or license-eligible to practice psychology or psychiatry in the state of Arkansas
· PhD or PsyD, or M.D. Degree from an accredited college or professional school and active licensure
· Participation/ Credentialed with Major Insurance Carriers preferred, but not required
· Experience in clinical psychological or behavioral medicine treatment with bariatric patients, preferable but not required
Full time, Part time and Contract employment available. Two positions available. Position will remain open until both are filled.