NGS Laboratory Technician/Scientist/Manager
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
About the job
We are looking for a meticulous clinical laboratory lab technician/associate/scientist to join our team at our NGS (next-generation sequencing) lab team. An ideal candidate will be able to perform laboratory tests, experimental procedures and effectively monitor lab inventory supplies as well as equipment.
This position will be based in the Psomagen office in Rockville, Maryland (on-site).Responsibilities
- Operate a computer-based laboratory system, record data, and perform laboratory tests.
- Perform experimental procedures using molecular biology techniques such as isolation of DNA/RNA, Quantification, NGS library construction, qPCR, operating sequencers, micro pipetting, and meticulous measuring
- Prepare solution, reagents, and stains by adhering to standard laboratory formulas and procedures
- Oversee equipment performance and maintenance schedules.
- May perform routine repair or replacement of standard parts.
- Monitor inventory levels, order materials, and supplies in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot problematic samples and results
- Communicate effectively with clients and co-workers to improve the existing processes
- Adapt to new services/technologies to enhance sales
- Train and guide new team members and subordinates
- Write and update protocols that meet the CLIA/CAP/ISO standard
- Bachelor’s degree required. Biology majors or relevant major are preferred.
- Organized and keen attention to details
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing technology (Illumina platforms)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task and meet timelines
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (Monthly insurance premium is covered 100% by the employer)
- 401(k) Plan + 5% company match
- Cashable/Non-cashable time-off vacation
- Long-term employment cashable vacation
- 2-hour off for an annual check-up
- Money Gifts for congratulatory/condolences
- Wellness programs and self-improvement allowances
Psomagen, Inc., founded in 2004 in Rockville, MD, is at the forefront of genetic and genomic testing. The company offers cutting-edge genomic services through next-generation and Sanger sequencing with data analysis services for applications in basic research and clinic diagnostics. The service laboratory has been certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), which demonstrates the highest level of quality and safety in the market.
Listed on the KOSDAQ in July 2020, the company is rapidly expanding its business from B2B to B2C and from Research to Clinical markets. The company has broadened the capabilities in the healthcare space such as at-home kits for analysis of genetic traits and microbiome profiles. With CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited laboratories, the company is looking to further expand service offerings in the clinical laboratory diagnostics market such as a laboratory-developed test (LDT) for COVID-19.
Psomagen IncRockville, MD
HealthcareView All Psomagen Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.