Human Resources Generalist
- Posted: over a month ago
Human Resources GeneralistAbout the job
We are looking for a passionate Sr. HR Generalist to join our HR team here at a growing biotech industry. The position will perform the day-to-day administrative operations of the HR function. This position is responsible for coordinating meticulous record-keeping of documentation and also communicating and answering employee inquiries. An HR Generalist ensures that legal requirements are met and must meticulously manage all employee files under strict confidentiality. This role will interact with all departments and across all levels of the workforce.Job Profile
- Full-time | Non-exempt
- Work hours: 9AM – 6PM (may be subject to change)
- Location: Rockville, MD / Office environment / On-site
This position will be based in the Psomagen office in Rockville, Maryland (on-site).Responsibilities
- Play a key role in all day-to-day administrative HR work and be the primary point-of-contact for employees regarding HR-related inquiries via email and phone.
- Establish and maintain employee personnel files, create correspondence and reports.
- Provide guidance and support on employee related issues when needed.
- Maintain compensation, Benefits, and incentive programs; strategically brainstorm ways to improve HR operations, systems, and processes
- Manage hiring of qualified job applicants and interviewing, collaborates with department managers
- Review and document company policies and practices and maintain compliance such as FMLA, COBRA, EEO-1 reports, unemployment claims and other compliant processes.
- Assist in the creation of company policies by recommending and administering new policies as requested.
- Assist with any ad hoc HR-related projects or activities as assigned and/or according to company needs at the time
- Assist HR director with other HR projects and duties
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relative fields
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience required
- Must have strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and G-Suite
- Strong knowledge of federal / state employment law and legislative compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels and departments within and outside the company
- Work effectively and professionally under time-pressure
- Take ownership of work and display strong sense of responsibility
- Must maintain strict confidentiality on all information processed in the HR department
- Must be an active listener for employees and have a strong can-do attitude
- Bilingual in English + Korean, a plus
- Certification in PHR or SHRM-CP, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Fast learner with new software and programs
- Experience with ADP programs or other HRIS software
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (Monthly insurance premium is covered 100% by the employer)
- 401(k) Plan + company match
- Generous Cashable/Non-cashable paid time-off
- Long-term employment cashable vacation
- 2-hour off for an annual check-up
- Money Gifts for congratulatory/condolences
- Wellness programs and monthly self-improvement allowances
- Lunch allowance and drinkware reimbursement
- Mask compensation
Psomagen, Inc., founded in 2004 in Rockville, MD, is at the forefront of genetic and genomic testing. The company offers cutting-edge genomic services through next-generation and Sanger sequencing with data analysis services for applications in basic research and clinic diagnostics. The service laboratory has been certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), which demonstrates the highest level of quality and safety in the market.
Listed on the KOSDAQ in July 2020, the company is rapidly expanding its business from B2B to B2C and from Research to Clinical markets. The company has broadened the capabilities in the healthcare space such as at-home kits for analysis of genetic traits and microbiome profiles. With CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited laboratories, the company is looking to further expand service offerings in the clinical laboratory diagnostics market such as a laboratory-developed test (LDT) for COVID-19.
BusinessView all jobs at Psomagen Inc