CES Lab Technician (MD or MA)
Psomagen Inc Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CES Lab Technician [MD or MA]
About the job
Psomagen, Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company with a focus on DNA sequencing. We are currently searching for a motivated Lab Technician who is able to work full-time at our branch in Rockville (MD) or Cambridge (MA). It is the responsibility of the laboratory technician to perform routine tests using laboratory equipment. Paid training will be provided but the job requires knowledge of basic science to learn techniques/methods. It is important that the technician also understands the role of senior lab members and is able to accept constructive guidance.
This role will be based in our lab in Rockville, Maryland or Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Operating a computer-based laboratory system, recording data, and performing laboratory tests. Experimental procedures include: molecular biology techniques such as bacteria cell cultures, isolation of DNA, gel electrophoresis, and PCR. Duties involve much micro pipetting and meticulous measuring.
- Interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about services and analysis results.
- Preparing solution, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Monitoring equipment performance and maintenance schedules. May perform routine repair or replacement of standard parts.
- Monitoring inventory levels and orders material and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Biology majors or relevant major are preferred.
- Organized and keen attention to details
- Bilingual in English + Korean a plus
Benefits [Full-time Only]
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (Monthly insurance premium is covered 100% by the employer)
- 401(k) Plan + company match
- Cashable/Non-cashable time-off vacation
- Long-term employment cashable vacation
- 2-hour off for an annual check-up
- Money Gifts for congratulatory/condolences
- Wellness programs and self-improvement allowances
- Lunch allowance and drinkware reimbursement
- Mask compensation
Psomagen, Inc., founded in 2004 in Rockville, MD, is at the forefront of genetic and genomic testing. The company offers cutting-edge genomic services through next-generation and Sanger sequencing with data analysis services for applications in basic research and clinic diagnostics. The service laboratory has been certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), which demonstrates the highest level of quality and safety in the market.
Listed on the KOSDAQ in July 2020, the company is rapidly expanding its business from B2B to B2C and from Research to Clinical markets. The company has broadened the capabilities in the healthcare space such as at-home kits for analysis of genetic traits and microbiome profiles. With CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited laboratories, the company is looking to further expand service offerings in the clinical laboratory diagnostics market such as a laboratory-developed test (LDT) for COVID-19.
Monday - Friday
Hours will be further determined during interview.
HealthcareView all jobs at Psomagen Inc