- Posted: over a month ago
Psionic, LLC. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience developing unique, production ready instrumentation. We value a diverse, hands-on background with electro-optics systems and instrumentation to complement our on-site team in Hampton, Virginia.
What a Great Mechanical Engineer will be doing
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will provide design and development efforts for next generation lidar to support defense and space contracts. Able to work closely with experts in many disciplines with a systems mind-set. Projects will include lab demonstrations, field measurement campaigns, prototypes and building hardware for space flight and defense systems.
Required Education & Requirements
- BS degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Significant hands-on experience is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing and analyzing mechanical and optomechanical systems and products
- An ability to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies
- Experienced teamwork in the formulation, design, development, modification, implementation, calibration, and field deployment of advanced electronic measurement and instrumentation systems or other ground systems, or subsystems for laboratory, aero, or space flight systems.
- Experience with full life cycle development.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues that arise during testing
- Structural and Thermal analysis experience is a plus
- 3-D CAD/SolidWorks experience
- Works within a multidisciplinary team to design and analyze structures and mechanical and electromechanical subsystems that meet the specifications and standards of aerospace and automotive customers.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products through experience and analysis; conducting research and development programs and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; validating finished products and system capabilities; and verifying fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Clearly communicates engineering information by written and oral reports.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Serves as mechanical and structural lead for assembly and manufacturing including training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort with both expertise in mechanical engineering and the ability to contribute to system success through interface problem identification and effective communication with other experts.
- Join a diverse and dynamic team that provides creative opportunities, collaborative efforts, and groundbreaking technology
- Flexible work schedule
- Career growth- Psionic, LLC. values and invests in its family and promotes from within regularly
- We offer a competitive salary
- Benefits including health, dental, vision, paid time off, holidays, and 401(k)
Who We Are
Born in space and engineered for extreme performance, Psionic is more than technology. Integrity, teamwork, and customer focus are among the values that define who we are individually and as a company. Our core team is comprised of many of the experts and engineers behind NASA's groundbreaking technology and we have added industry experts to help us solve important problems for the world's Space, Defense, and Automotive industries and organizations.
Psionic, LLC. Values our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. We are a startup, focused on lidar sensors for autonomous vehicles. We are building a culture of high performance that we think can change the world for the better. Based in Hampton, Virginia.
Psionic, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires access to export-controlled
technology or software source code and the position is subject to U.S. export control laws.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Psionic