External Affairs Representative
PsiNapse Technology, Ltd. San Leandro, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a government organization in Oakland, is looking for an External Affairs Representative to join their team in a contract basis. Ideal candidates will assist in developing and maintaining on-going relationships between the District and external organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, local business groups, community organizations, cultural and economic development interests, local and regional political constituencies, churches, and other public agencies to promote the awareness of, value of, and need for public transit within their respective communities.
NOTE: Our Client, a government related entity, is now requiring its temporary employees be vaccinated and will likely be asking to provide proof of vaccination prior to entering their premises. For that reason, we are asking candidates that are looking at and assessing this position, to be aware that the client is asking for this information. Should you not be willing to provide such information, please advise the PsiNapse recruiter that you are not willing to provide such information at this time.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing dialogue between the client, Elected Officials and/or their staff, and constituent groups; responding effectively to constituents' issues, while advocating for the District's interests.
- Acts as "go-between/go-to" person for community-based constituencies and District staff regarding operational and capital project related issues.
- Communicates and coordinates with the public, community agencies, elected officials and/or their staff, and District staff to resolve problems, and recommend new service or service changes.
- Promotes "transit first" policies with city and county planning agencies, and promotes collaborative efforts to increase transit ridership.
- Educates and works with public to garner support for Districts' capital projects public or capital projects.
- Conducts research on community transit issues; and prepares and writes reports for the Board of Directors, the General Manager, and a wide variety of external groups.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, public relations, community planning, transportation planning, or a directly related field.
- Four years of verifiable experience working with local agencies, public officials, and community based organizations and/or special interest groups.
- Experience working with elected officials, working with advocacy groups/organizations, and transit or transportation agency experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of public transportation related policies, needs, issues, constraints and trends
- Must be available to work outside normal business hours to attend meetings and community events.
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.