RN \- Skin Integrity
The Skin Integrity Coordinator is responsible for the skin and wound care program throughout the healthcare center\. This position is under the immediate supervision of the Director of Health Services and performs all professional duties as outlined in the corporate Skin Management Program\.
99. Chairperson of Skin Care Team\. Oversees the skin and wound documentation in patient/resident's medical record\.
99. Instructs, educates, and trains staff in wound care and incontinence programs to prevent skin breakdown, heal existing wounds, and maintains patient/resident's comfort\. Provides training for new partners during orientation\.
99. Collaborates with physician and/or nurses regarding recommendations for wound and skin care following the company's formulary
99. Performs wound care and/or treatments following physician orders using aseptic or sterile technique following orders and policy\.
99. Uses universal precautions and maintain infection control standards when performing treatments and disposing of soiled dressings\. Provides patient/resident privacy when performing care\.
99. Oversees assessment of all patients/residents with wounds for needed pain management during wound or dressing; identification of need will be reported to the healthcare center Pain Management Coordinator\.
99. Follows up on all reported skin conditions to determine need for treatment and contracts physician for treatment orders, if needed\. Documents in treatment book and medical record as needed\.
99. Keeps treatment cart clean, locked, and with adequate stock levels\. Orders wound care supplies in a timely manner to maintain adequate levels\. Reports concerns related to maintenance of treatment caret or stock levels to DHS\.
99. Monitors pressure redistribution devices for proper working condition\. Reports problems to DHS and/or Maintenance Department\. Replaces any equipment not working properly\.
99. Monitors staff and patients/residents for adherence to wound care program, use of pressure redistribution devices, and assists with monitoring incontinent care\.
99. Oversees assessment of all chronic and complex areas on a weekly schedule according to the Documentation of Skin and Wound Care Policy\. Information will be documented according to the Documentation of Skin and Wound Care Policy\. Will oversee notification of the physician and legal representative of any changes in wounds or treatments\.
99. Oversees review of implementation of nutritional protocol as needed\. Reviews labs and requests orders for labs pertaining to wound status as needed\.
99. Oversees completion of weekly reports \(Pressure Ulcer and Wounds Other Than Pressure Ulcers\)\. Submits copies to DHS, Wound Care Consultant, Care Plan Coordinator and any other as person as indicated, in a timely manner\.
99. Completes Section "M" of MDS on all patients/residents, assists with information pertinent to RAP \#16, and adds interventions or changes to care plans as needed\.
99. Oversees reporting any significant changes in patients/resident's condition to Charge Nurse, Case Mix Director, legal representative, physician and Director of Health Services\.
99. Monitors, as scheduled by center, compliance of weekly skin assessments\. Repots to DHS any not\-compliance issues\.
99. Evaluates treatments on a weekly basis and recommends changes in treatment as necessary\. Reviews and completes risk assessments according to the Risk Assessment: Skin Integrity Policy on all new admissions, re\-admissions, quarterly and yearly MDS, with each significant change MDS and with clinical change of condition\.
99. Oversees skin assessments on all new admissions/re\-admissions and documents the results in skin notes and on appropriate forms\. If not present during admission, will follow\-up on next duty day present in the healthcare center\. If skin assessments are not completed timely on admission/readmission, this is to be reported to DHS for follow\-up
99. Assesses all new admissions/re\-admissions for appropriate preventive measures to prevent skin breakdown\. Implements placement of appropriate pressure redistribution devices and skin/wound care procedures\.
99. Assists Wound Care Nurse \(corporate and specialty bed company\) in any manner necessary\.
99. Does Part B wound care registration for patients/residents with wounds meeting DMERC guidelines\.
99. Audits treatment sheets and physician order sheets at the end of the month to correct and complete orders for each treatment being done\.
99. Supervises Certified Nurse Assistant\.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program\.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two \(2\) year professional nursing experience in long term care setting\.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current, active and unrestricted Registered Nurse \(RN\) licensure in state of practice\.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: \(Preferred qualifications\)
Previous experience with geriatric patients/residents desirable\. Previous supervisory experience preferred\.
Has met the requirements to become a Skin Integrity Coordinator with annual updates\. Attendance to all sessions of certification training\. Completed or in process of completing tests on "Acute and Chronic Wounds"
Certification test grade of no less than 90 of 128 possible points\. Task skills completed per Nurse Consultant or designee with documentation to include: 1\) aseptic treatment procedure, and 2\) admission or re\-admission of patient/resident to the healthcare center with skin breakdown\. \(May use admissions without skin breakdown with permission of Wound Care Consultant\.\)
Primary Location South Carolina\-Columbia
Shift 1st Shift
Job Posting Nov 8, 2019, 10:24:48 AM
Req ID: 1909899
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its personnel practices against its partners or qualified applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a protected veteran.