Vet Tech Sales Representative - Pet Insurance
- $42,500 to $46,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off
About Our Company and Team
At Prudent Pet Insurance Agency, we want pets to enjoy great health and receive the best medical care possible throughout their lives. Like so many people today, we consider our pets to be members of the family and want to do whatever it takes to keep them safe.
Knowing your options when it comes to pet insurance policies means you can protect your pet, your finances, and your overall pet care experience. That's why we offer policies that are easy to understand, easy to buy and easy to use. And what makes us truly unique is an outstanding, caring, and diverse team that allows us to provide the best of everything to our policy holders.
We provide nationwide, customer centric service and are constantly looking to grow our team with those that are as passionate about pets as we are. We are searching for those with stellar personalities, unique perspectives, and those who understand the value of teamwork - all with the focus of pet health at top of mind.
We do what we love, and we love what we do! Join the #PrudentPetFam and help our policy holders keep their promise to their pets.
Why Prudent Pet?
If you are looking for a fast, fun, dynamic company that thrives on team involvement, pet passion, and fostering creativity, you have found your dream job. What do we offer in return? Plenty, but check out some highlights below:
- Base Salary plus commission
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- An immediate PTO bank to use as well as flexible schedules
- Employee discount on your pet insurance
- Opportunities for sharing your knowledge and experience across the entire organization
- A seat in a small, fast-growing company with opportunities for growth, leveraging your creativity, and promotions from within.
- Being a part of an inspiring, brilliant, entertaining, highly efficient and productive culture that you can find nowhere else
This is a career to get excited about!
About The Role - Pet Insurance Sales Agent - Pet Insurance
Compensation - $42,500 - $46,000 Annual Salary based on experience
Additional Compensation - Production bonus and per policy sold commission structure
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician, or someone with Vet Tech or pet insurance experience, who is looking to become a licensed Property and Casualty Insurance Agent to sell pet insurance to pet owners. Successful Pet Insurance Sales Agents benefit from having veterinary experience to talk to potential clients with creditability and knowledge of future possible health issues. You will do well in this role if you love talking to people about their pets, and you have a genuine love for helping animals get the care they need. This inside sales position is a great transition for Veterinary Technicians who still want to use their clinical knowledge and also want to educate their clients on the importance of pet insurance.
Prudent Pet sells nationwide and will pay for your property and casualty licensing once hired. Inside sales, business development and/or insurance sales experience is a plus.
Prudent Pet Insurance is a customer centric organization. This means we strive for a positive customer experience at every stage of the customer journey. Pet Insurance Sales Agent candidates who are successful in this role are upbeat, energetic and able to handle inbound and outbound phone calls, craft policies that work for every budget, manage follow up tasks, and ask for the sale. This role requires a sales and customer service type demeanor when talking with clients.
The role we are looking to fill works Monday through Friday and 1 Saturday every other month. We are hiring immediately, and this inside sales position is a remote position.
- Sell policies - Inside Sales
- Handle 100+ Outbound/Inbound sales calls daily
- Overcome buying objections and ask for the sale from prospective customers
- Participate in live chat function with customers
- Manage and organize daily follow-up tasks with customers
- Obtain customer feedback and communicate with management to drive changes to the website and our program
- Upsell products like preventive care endorsements
- Diligent with accurate quoting/binding for underwriting purposes
- Ask for customer referrals and reviews
Principal Working Relationships
- Reports directly to AVP of Operations
- Downers Grove Office Customer Service Support Team and Claims Team
- Other key home office employees including senior leadership
- We will pay for and coordinate licensing nationwide upon hire. A resident P&C license is a plus but not required.
- At least 3 years of Vet Tech experience
- Insurance experience, especially pet insurance experience is a plus
- Excellent communication with customers and the ability to build relationships instantly
- Ability to educate customers on what pet insurance is, demonstrate its value, be empathetic and smart in helping them craft a policy that works for both their budget and their pet
- Self-motivated, energetic, friendly and positive person with a can-do attitude
- One who likes fun competition among a friendly sales team - sales incentives are offered in both group and individual goals
Based upon the responsibilities outlined, candidates should possess the following core competencies:
- Achievement Orientation-the capacity to be energized and excited by challenging goals and a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. It is reflected in a true sense of competitiveness and drive for results.
- Disciplined Action-acting proactively, which includes going beyond what is required for the job. It includes a willingness to act decisively and boldly to drive the business forward and attain exemplary levels of production.
- Relationship Development-demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers immediately.
- Collaborating With Others-the ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with others. It includes taking the initiative to establish relationships and strengthen them even when working remotely. In addition, it suggests a personal commitment to establishing an optimal working environment.
- Professionalism- the ability to conduct business in a consistently professional manner. Being able to demonstrate integrity, honesty and enthusiasm at all times.
- Time Management- the ability to carry out selling strategies and achieve or exceed both group and individual sales goals.
- Respect for Diversity- Supports a culture of diversity by fully utilizing the potential of all employees regardless of background or ethnicity. Will treat all employees, customers, and vendors with dignity and respect.
Prudent PetDowners Grove, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.